Two weeks ago, 11 bit studios offered gamers a chance to buy its secret next game at half price. Today, that secret game was unveiled as 11 bit studios announces Anomaly 2, the sequel to the award-winning strategy game, Anomaly Warzone Earth. Coming to PC, Mac and Linux in Q2 2013 for just $14.99, Anomaly 2 will deliver a hardcore real-time strategy experience with exceptional tactical variety, intense multiplayer and remarkable visuals.
See the debut trailer on YouTube.
In the years following the invasion of Earth in 2018, the planet is overrun by alien machines. Humankind is on the verge of extinction. Banded together in huge convoys, they search the frozen tundra for food and supplies. Since the war, the roles have been reversed: now our species seems to be the Anomaly on a machine-controlled planet. Your convoy, Commander, is called Yukon.
Anomaly 2 is a real-time strategy game that takes the tower offense concept from Anomaly Warzone Earth to a new level. Maintaining the core concepts of the original – tactical planning and the on-field Commander to support troops in combat – Anomaly 2 introduces a number of important new features:
· Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
· Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
· Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
· Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With more than a million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
· Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine.
· Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.
For more information, visit www.anomaly2game.com.
Here's just one screenshot from Anomaly 2, showing the War Mech forms and... a mechanized alien tendril of destruction. Grab all seven released screenshots on the FTP linked at the bottom of this.
Video Blog Continues
11 bit set out to create the most honest behind-the-scenes video blog - previous entries included me talking about our secret-game announcement, as you may recall - and there's a new entry today. It really is worth a watch if you're interested in game development. It's all about how to make a great indie game.
Watch it on YouTube.