February 13, 2014 - This is classic roleplaying – no cutscene melodrama, casual gameplay, or social shenanigans. Basilisk Games invites you to share its unabashed love for old-school RPGs with the February 14 release of Eschalon: Book III (Windows, Mac, Linux).
Available for purchase at:
Eschalon: Book III is not the RPG for armchair dragon slayers or lazy achievement hunters. Drawn from pen-and-paper traditions, the Eschalon series revels in the mysteries of dangerous landscapes and the triumphs of hard-won battles. It rewards the tactical and ingenious, and leaves the careless to suffer the consequences.
A fusion of turn-based fantasy and survival gameplay, players will contend with hunger, sleep, equipment degradation, and even skills altered by weather. With multiple game-paths and solutions to obstacles, Eschalon: Book III emphasizes meaningful character development and true roleplaying.
Although no prior knowledge is necessary, Eschalon: Book III brings the trilogy to a close as you seek to uncover your past, the secrets of the Crux stones, and the true identity of the Orakur.
• Classic style, turn-based RPG inspired by pen-and-paper gaming.
• Unrestricted character development with impactful choices.
• Open world with no level-scaling and more secrets than you will ever find.
• Disease, hunger, weapon breakage – actions have serious consequences.
• Hundreds of new items, spells, and game engine updates.
• Developer tools for creating maps and adventures shortly after release.
About Basilisk Games
Founded in 2005, Basilisk Games is an independent game developer located just outside of Indianapolis, Indiana. The company's mission is to produce compelling old-school computer role-playing games for gamers who still remember what great computer RPGs used to be about: "Single-player. Turn-based. Stat heavy. Story driven."