Offenburg, September 26th, 2012 – Germany based independent game studio Black Forest Games announces their upcoming platformer GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS will be available worldwide on PC (Windows) on October 23rd, 2012.
GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS is the official title for the indie platformer with a twist. The game had been recently funded with a successful Kickstarter campaign totaling over $190,000 ($40,000 over the initial goal). Originally titled Project Giana, the community was asked to decide between three proposals for the games’ title. With 76% of the votes GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS was the clear favorite.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is a challenging fast-paced platformer with a twist. Players can warp Giana’s dream into a nightmarish world of wonder, changing her abilities and interactions. Players must use their skills, speed, brains, and powers to defeat the dangers that populate her twisted dreams!
Cute Giana moves with speed and grace, twirling past hazards and adversaries with a light touch and gentle heart. With a quick morph her punk side comes out to play, full of raw attitude and a powerful dash to crush obstacles that block her way!
Key features of the final game will include:
● Powerful Abilities: Giana moves through the dream according to her desires and mood. When confronted, she can hammer past or drift on by. You make the call.
● Intuitive Controls and Smooth Gameplay: Controlling Giana is a breeze, but you’ll eventually need every trick in her arsenal to defeat the cunning trials ahead.
● Amazing Worlds: Giana’s dream worlds leap off the screen with gorgeous 3D graphics and the fantastic alterations of the morph!
● Tons of Cool Interactions: As Giana changes, so does the world around her. Fly with
bubblegum, ride conveyor belts, power along with repeaters, hop on springs, and even more.
● Legendary Soundtrack with Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy!
● Explore and Discover: There are 16 rich levels across 3 distinct worlds, each transforming into the two dream worlds. Giana’s dreams are abound with secret locations.
● Epic Boss Battles: Gigantic creatures from the depths of Giana’s most terrifying nightmares are here to play too. Seriously, these guys are just plain brutal!
The PC version of the game will be available world-wide on Tuesday, October 23 2012. XBLA and PSN versions of are scheduled early 2013.
A brand new teaser trailer is available in conjunction with the release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzIZftWt_NI&feature=youtu.be
Screenshots and more details about the project are available on Black Forest Games’ website: http://www.project-giana.com
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProjectGiana
Be a Giana Sisters fan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ProjectGiana
SUPPORT US ON STEAM GREENLIGHT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92852223
About Black Forest Games:
Founded in 2012 by the core development and leadership team behind Spellbound Entertainment, Black Forest Games is a new studio focused on high-quality video games. The studio is based in Offenburg, Germany and currently employs a staff of international (French, German, American, Belarus and more) industry professionals that have experience building games for all major game platforms.
About Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams:
Giana is a girl of polar opposites, trapped in a fractured dream of rainbows and shadows. Harkening back to the 80’s Great Giana Sisters, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams pulls you into a phantasmagorical adventure of contrasting themes underscored with music produced by Chris Huelsbeck and Machinae Supremacy. Classic Giana tunes flow into metal riffs and back again as you switch between dream and nightmare.
Giana’s dual nature is a reflection of the game world. You can warp her dreams at the push of a button, causing Giana herself to shift accordingly. Both the world and Giana will behave differently depending on whether you are in the dream or nightmare, allowing you to master each level with transformative tricks.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is set to be released on PC (Windows), with Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network planned for release in early 2013.