Offenburg, June 19th, 2013 – Independent game developer Black Forest Games announces that their twisted platformer, GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS has been released in the US and EU Regions (APAC scheduled for August) through PlayStation network for PS3 . The game is available for $14.99 (14.99€ in Europe).
After a hugely successful campaign on Kickstarter and successful releases for Windows-PC and Xbox360, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – grandchild of the 80s classic game “The Great Giana Sisters” – is now finally available in the US and Europe on Sony’s PlayStation 3.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is a challenging fast-paced platformer with a twist and an amazing Soundtrack from game music legend Chris Hülsbeck, Fabian Del Priore and SID-metal-rockers Machinae Supremacy. Players have to muster all their skills, speed, brains, and powers to defeat the dangers that populate Giana's twisted dreams!
"To have Giana finally on PS3 shows that we deliver on our promises made during our Kickstarter. Many projects have been successfully funded so far, but we are one of very few who actually delivered a game," Adrian Goersch, Black Forest Games’ Managing Director states.
Cute Giana moves with speed and grace, twirling past hazards and adversaries with a light touch and gentle heart. With a quick morph her punk side comes out to play, full of raw attitude and a powerful dash to crush obstacles that block her way!
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Features
· Challenging Levels – Discover three distinctive worlds with 23 challenging levels. Each one transforms from fluffy nightmare to spooky dream by a push of a button.
· Personal Style – Whether you like speed run through each of the amazing levels or take your time exploring even the last secret of Giana's dreams. It's up to you.
· Lush graphics – Detailed landscapes morph from lush, colorful surroundings to surreal, spiky nightmare worlds. It doesn't matter how often you'll see it, you'll detect new details every time.
· Amazing puzzles – Blocked pathways open up when Giana transforms: pretty flower beds mutate to thorn covered bushes and diamonds can only be collected in one form or the other.
· Various Game Modes – it's challenging in normal mode. But it becomes a nail biting, mind bending, and furious experience in hardcore mode.
· Legendary Soundtrack – listen to Chris Hülsbeck's tunes changing from Chiptune to the metal riffs from SID-Rockers Machinae Supremacy.
· Epic battles – from vicious gargoyles to magnificent boss-monsters. You'll need every trick in your sleeves to master all the challenges that lie ahead of Giana.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is an aesthetically pleasing journey that’s as gorgeous as it is taxing, blending new ideas and old concepts in the same way punk and cute Giana co-exist.
Esmeralda Portillo, Inside gaming daily/Machinima
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams looks, plays and sounds terrific. The challenge is balanced nicely with the tight controls and frequent checkpoints, and failure never became overly frustrating.
Dave Payerle, ztgd.com
“…it's a very thoughtfully arranged, challenging platformer that six months after its initial release holds up just as well. This currently is, quite frankly, the jump and run of choice.”
Martin Woger, Eurogamer.de