Prague, Czech Republic, June 23, 2011 – Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent game development studio, is pleased to announce the launch of Arma 2: Free - a free-to-play version of the critically acclaimed mil-sim title Arma 2.
Arma 2: Free redefines the free-to-play battlefield with its truly unrivaled scale and gameplay possibilities. Arma 2: Free serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 - the '13th best PC game of all time', according to North American PC Gamer - minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods. Arma 2: Free Public Beta is available now via http://www.arma2.com/free/
Create your own custom-built scenarios or deploy a massive selection of missions and game-modes made by others. No micro-transactions, no hidden costs, just the same epic terrain and huge variety of equipment! This is Arma 2 Free - virtual war without the training wheels. Arma 2: Free to download, free to play, free to share, free to host, free to create... free to play redefined!
Some of the key features of Arma 2: Free include:
· Free military simulation - An authentic battlefield simulation, including bullet ballistics, material penetration and much more.
· Free armory - A comprehensive range of 300+ weapons, units and fully-usable armed or unarmed vehicles across air, land and water classes.
· Free unique multiplayer - Multiplayer with large-scale maps for 50+ live players and hundreds of AI units. Supports a wide variety of MP modes from co-op and PvP modes, to total mayhem!
· Free dedicated servers - Both Linux and Windows OS dedicated server support for users to host freely wherever and however they like even to play together on the same retail game-servers.
· Free creativity - Quick mission templates, a powerful, built-in, easy to use SP/MP mission editor, and advanced scripting.
Arma 2: Free is fully compatible with user-made missions, campaigns and multiplayer modes originally created for Arma 2, as well as being multiplayer compatible with the full Arma 2 providing no user-made addons or mods are used.
To learn more about the Arma 2: Free project please visit the product´s website at www.arma2.com/free
Arma 2 also receives an update to version 1.10 to be compatible with Arma 2 Free. Amongst the variety of tweaks and improvements detailed in the readme file, this update unites both Arma 2 and Arma 2: Free to version 1.10
Arma 2 update 1.10 highlights:
· Added: Support for Arma 2: Free
· Improved: Stronger signature checking.
· Commandline option -donothing (engine closes immediately after detecting this option)
Follow Bohemia Interactive on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube to get all the latest information about their games: