Prague, Czech Republic December 22nd- Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, is delighted to announce that just before Santa’s sleigh glides across the rooftops of good boys and girls the world over, our own Christmas present surprise is a new mega update encompassing the whole range of Arma II, Operation Arrowhead & their DLC.
The list of titles updated in today’s patch release extravaganza is as follows:
· Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements 1.60
· Arma 2: British Armed Forces DLC for Operation Arrowhead (data) 1.03
· Arma 2: Private Military Contractors DLC for Operation Arrowhead (data) 1.02
· Arma 2 (engine+data) 1.11
· Arma 2:Free (engine+data) 1.11
Highlights from today’s patches
Operation Arrowhead patched to 1.60
· New features: FXAA Anti-Aliasing mode, user-definable memory allocators, new scripting commands, new commandline options
· Multiplayer is much smoother, no more warping, includes a number of fixes, optimizations and improvements
· Netcode, VON and dedicated server fixes plus configuration additions in place
· Singleplayer received visual states smoothing and prediction (notable e.g. on distant units)
· AI is improved, especially (but not only) in combat, AI has received numerous bug fixes
· Aircraft & Helicopter simulation received slight improvements
· ARMA 2, ARMA 2: OA, ARMA 2: EW campaigns and stand-alone missions received special treatment to get rid of most annoying bugs
· Numerous other small bugs/glitches fixed
Arma 2 patched to 1.11
· Numerous bug fixes, multiplayer code tweaks and mission fixes
· ARMA 2, ARMA 2: OA, ARMA 2: EW campaigns and stand-alone missions received special treatment to get rid of the most annoying bugs
Arma 2:Free patched to 1.11
· MP Code brought into line with Arma 2 for compatibility
BAF patched to 1.03 and PMC patched to 1.02
· Several stability and game saves fixes as well as mission tweaks, also new BAF missions included.
We would like to thank all BIF & CIT staff/mods/volunteers, the whole ARMA community, our partners and everyone who helped us to release this mega-patch!
Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a Happy New Year to all! – Please visit http://www.bistudio.com/happy-holidays/for our special festive greeting!
Track us via social networks and be the first to know all the latest news about Arma II, Operation Arrowhead & their DLC.
About Bohemia Interactive
Established in 1999 in Prague, Czech Republic, Bohemia Interactive is an independent game development studio that focuses on developing original state of the art computer entertainment and simulation software, including the research of proprietary advanced real-time 3D graphics, artificial intelligence and physical simulation technologies for real-time interactive environments.
Operation Flashpoint*, Bohemia Interactive's debut game published by Codemasters in 2001, became the No. 1 best-selling PC game around the world and has won many international awards, including “Game of The Year” and “Best Action Game.” Over two million copies of Operation Flashpoint have been sold since its release. Bohemia Interactive’s second major release, Arma: Armed Assault, followed in 2007 and sold over half million copies on PC through various local publishing partners. Arma 2, the latest hit in the series of realistic military simulators, released worldwide during summer 2009 and was placed in the top positions of official PC charts around the world immediately thereafter. Arma 2 won "Most PC" Game in the 2009 PC Gamer Awards and is featured 14th in their "Best PC Game of all times".
Following the release of Arma 2, the standalone expansion pack Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead was developed. This massive expansion was strongly received by both critics and fans alike; reviews considered it as surpassing the previous title and building on its strong mil-sim heritage. The ‘Armaverse’ was then expanded further by the hugely popular British Armed Forces (BAF) and Private Military Company (PMC) DLCs, both released in 2010.
In November 2011, Bohemia Interactive released Take On Helicopters. This brand new helicopter game intended to deliver an authentic helicopter experience, while bringing several innovations to the flight sim genre. Take On Helicopters was gratefully received, with multiple reviewers praising its refreshing take on the flight sim genre.
Currently under development at the studio are two massive PC titles; Arma 3 and the sci-fi action strategy game Carrier Command: Gaea Mission.
Bohemia Interactive won the Best PC Game Developer award for 2001 at London’s ECTS exhibition and Rookie Studio of the Year award at GDC 2002.
http://www.bistudio.com/ I http://community.bistudio.com I http://forums.bistudio.com/
*Operation Flashpoint"™ is a trademark of Codemasters.