LAS VEGAS February 2, 2005 Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today presented Resident Evil Outbreak File #2, for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system. Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 unfolds further scenarios in the saga of eight average Raccoon City citizens in their desperate quest to escape the zombie infested town. The game supports both single player offline and up to four player network modes. The Resident Evil series is one of the most successful video game franchises in history, with worldwide sales of more than 24 million units Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 is planned for release throughout PAL territories this summer.
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 continues the dramatic story of an outbreak caused by a secret biological weapon infecting the people of Raccoon City. Citizens are turning into flesh-eating zombies that swarm the streets. In the shadow of this nightmare are a few desperate survivors. They must find a way to get out of the city before they fall victim to the hordes of undead creatures and before the government has a chance to wipe out the entire area to prevent the disaster from spreading.
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 retains the signature Resident Evil storytelling, visuals, and bone-chilling audio that Capcom’s survival-horror fans demand. Players join the eight characters from the first game in all new terrifying scenarios, with assorted locales, different enemies and further details of the truth behind the catastrophic events. Players can experience the unique concept of fear experienced in groups with up to four concurrent players in network mode or one-player offline accompanied by two computer AI characters. The key to survival will be cooperating with and helping fellow characters as they fight to survive the various scenarios.
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 includes the following features:
• Unique cast of eight playable characters – all are ordinary residents in Raccoon City, each with different strengths, special abilities and perspectives of the storyline
• All new scenarios
• More unexpected twists and turns, new challenges, never before seen enemies and much more!
• A variety of non-playable characters (NPC’s) encountered throughout each scenario
• More freedom than past Resident Evil games with multiple options for progressing through levels
• Two control schemes – D-pad for classic Resident Evil fans and new analog option for Devil May Cry type control
• Random, unpredictable placement of enemies that changes players’ experiences
• Result point system which can be used to unlock items in the extensive collection mode including unlockable characters, art gallery and more
• Use of ordinary items found throughout the scenarios as weapons
• In-depth profile which tracks player statistics including play time, types of weapons used, distance walked and more
CE Europe Ltd, headquartered in London, England, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capcom, Co., Ltd. of Japan. A leading force in the multi-billion dollar interactive entertainment industry, Capcom’s legacy spans more than 22 years of entertaining video gamers. Capcom develops, markets, and distributes home video games for the PlayStationÃ‚Â® game console, PlayStationÃ‚Â®2 computer entertainment system, NintendoÃ‚Â® GameCube and the Xbox™ game consoles, Game BoyÃ‚Â® Advance and Game BoyÃ‚Â® Color Systems, personal computers, and coin-operated games. Worldwide recognizable product lines include the Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Breath of Fire, and Onimusha series. World headquarters in Osaka, Japan, the company also has offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Germany and Sunnyvale, California. The company is publicly traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange code number 9697.
Capcom, Street Fighter and Resident Evil are registered trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd. Onimusha, Mega Man and Breath of Fire are trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd. “PlayStation” and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Nintendo, Game Cube, Game Boy and Game Boy Advance are trademarks of Nintendo. Xbox and Microsoft are trademarks of Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective holders.