March 21, 2006 â€“ Today CDV Software Entertainment USA announced their preview lineup of eight exciting titles spanning multiple genres, all of which will be on display at the 2006 Game Developers Conference. As part of a new partnership with Games Press USA, all assets and electronic press kits for the lineup will be available immediately at http://www.gamespress.com/cdv. Registration for access to the online press kits is free and quick, and allows full access to all available assets.
The titles to be shown are:
- Dark Star One: A space-faring action/adventure title from Ascaron Entertainment where players will take on the role of a young hotshot space pilot out to make a name for himself in a dangerous universe
- City Life: A city-building simulation that challenges players to build the perfect cityscape while maintaining social harmony among the citizenry
- Glory of the Roman Empire: An empire-builder set in the times of the Roman Empire which will offer players a mix of RTS-style combat with city-building gameplay
- Night Watch: Based on the hit Russian movie of the same name, Night Watch is a tactical RPG where characters choose between the path of light and dark and fight with both weapons and magic to protect the world from evil
- Tortuga â€“ Two Treasures: Set sail for treasure and treason on the high seas in this pirate-themed action title from Ascaron. Players will fight on land and sea as they seek revenge...and buried treasure.
- ÃœberSoldier: In this FPS from Burut Creative Team, players will fight as an undead hero as he battles Nazis, mystical super soldiers and zombies in a quest for bloody vengeance
- Pacific Storm: Part strategy and part arcade-action game, Pacific Storm offers gamers the best of both worlds in a WWII-themed environment. Players will take on the role of a general as they manage resources and troop movements, and then switch to action mode to battle in the skies and on the seas in individual combat against an unrelenting enemy.
- Hard Truck: Apocalypse: Set in a post apocalyptic world of diesel and dust, Hard Truck: Apocalypse is a vehicular combat title wherein players will customize their deadly rides while trading cargo and taking on a host of dangerous jobs. A quick trigger finger combined with a merchant's wits will ensure a successful trucking enterprise.
CDV Software Entertainment is dedicated to publishing and distributing top-notch video games worldwide. The publicly traded company, founded and headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, has its North American offices located in New Jersey and North Carolina, and partners with leading distribution partners across the globe. As publisher of critically acclaimed titles like Codename: Panzers, Divine Divinity, American Conquest, Combat Mission, War Front: Turning Point, Cossacks and the Blitzkrieg series, CDV is Europeâ€™s foremost publisher of PC strategy titles.