August 20, 2012 – Today at gamescom, the world’s largest trade fair and event for interactive games and entertainment, EA SPORTS™ unveiled the first ever pre-alpha gameplay footage for the highly anticipated EA SPORTS UFC. Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, players will “Feel the Fight” as the action, emotion, and intensity inside the Octagon™ are brought to life in ways that were never before possible in a video game. The next generation of fighting begins in the Spring of 2014 when EA SPORTS UFC is released for the Xbox One® and the PlayStation®4.
With many months left to go in development, players eager for a first look at the game can watch the EA SPORTS UFC Pre-Alpha Gameplay from the EA gamescom press conference now.
Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, players will “Feel the Fight” in EA SPORTS UFC with these groundbreaking gameplay features:
· MMAi – A mixed martial artist’s mind is as important as his heart. Every licensed fighter in the game will have changing goals and fight plans, based on their real-life tendencies and each fight situation.
· Real-Time Exertion – Real-Time Exertion brings each moment of action to life in your gameplay experience. Through real-time vein popping, skin discoloration, muscle flex, as well as signs of fatigue setting in through the course of each round, players will witness the effort it takes to be one of the best fighters in the world.
· Fighter Likeness and Facial Animations – Fighters in the game have been created from high-resolution 3D head scans to deliver revolutionary character likeness and authenticity. Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, new facial animation technology delivers more expression and emotion than ever before in gaming and will communicate an unparalleled sense of awareness and intelligence in the Octagon.
· Full Body Deformation – The team that revolutionized sports by bringing authentic physics to Fight Night changes the game again with an all-new, full-body deformation system that moves and displaces the fighter’s flesh in real time. For the first time, the strength of every submission and power of every strike will truly make an impression.
· Precision Movement – The Precision Movement locomotion system grounds the fighters, eliminating unrealistic slipping and sliding across the canvas. More realistic physics-driven movement delivers more realistic action as the overall transfer of energy from the ground up delivers more impactful and believable strikes and takedowns.
· Dynamic Striking – A dynamic environment allows players to pull off jaw-dropping moves using the Octagon, including roundhouse kicks, superman punches and much more. Combine those abilities with the best striking technology in the industry and that one perfect strike could change the fight.
· Strategic Submission Battles – EA SPORTS UFC reinvents the ground game to create a battle for position and control that captures the strategy of a submission battle. Like the real sport, in EA SPORTS UFC fighters will work through multiple stages as they work to advance or escape from a fight-ending submission.
· Real Damage – EA SPORTS UFC introduces a non-linear damage system which can result in big damage coming from a single strike. The system produces a greater variety of cuts and contusions that is true-to-life and has never been possible in a simulation fighting game.
EA SPORTS UFC is in development at EA Canada in Vancouver and has not yet been rated by the ESRB and PEGI; visit www.esrb.org and www.pegi.info for more information. Become a fan of EA SPORTS UFC on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/easportsufc and follow us on Twitter via http://www.twitter.com/easportufc.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
About the Ultimate Fighting Championship®
Universally recognized for its action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the biggest arenas and stadiums across the globe, the UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization. Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, headquartered in Las Vegas and with offices in London, Toronto, Beijing and Sao Paulo, UFC produces more than 35 live events annually. The UFC is the largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. In 2012, the UFC burst into the mainstream with a landmark seven-year broadcast agreement with FOX Sports Media Group for live events and thousands of hours of programming including the longest-running sports reality show on television, The Ultimate Fighter®, moving to FOX Sports 1 in September 2013.
In addition to its reach on FOX, UFC programming is broadcast in over 145 countries, to nearly 800 million TV households worldwide, in 28 different languages. UFC content is also distributed commercially in the United States to bars and restaurants through Joe Hand Promotions, in English throughout Canada via Premium Sports Broadcasting Inc. and Australia via Main Event and in French throughout Quebec via Interbox. The UFC also connects with tens of millions of fans through its website, UFC.com, as well as social media sites Facebook and Twitter. UFC President Dana White is considered one of the most accessible and followed executives in sports, with nearly 2.5 million followers on Twitter. UFC businesses also include over 90 UFC GYM® locations in 28 US states and Australia, UFC FIT™, an in-home fitness and nutrition program, UFC 360, the internationally distributed magazine, UFC.TV offering live event broadcasts and video on demand around the world, a new videogame franchise with EA Sports, best-selling DVDs, UFC Fight Club®, UFC Fan Expo®, branded apparel and trading cards.
EA SPORTS and SSX are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. and its subsidiaries. Madden, NFL, FIFA, NHL, NBA, NCAA, UFC, Tiger Woods and PGA TOUR are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Xbox and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc