The Sequel to the Hilarious Golf Franchise Unleashes a Wealth of New Game Modes, Courses, Characters, Online Play and Humor for Half the Price of the Original
New York - October 20, 2004 - Global Star Software, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO) today announced that Outlaw Golf 2 is currently available in retail stores throughout North America for the XboxÃ‚Â® videogame system from Microsoft. The PlayStation*2 computer entertainment system version will be available in November. Developed by Hypnotix, the outrageous and untamed world of Outlaw Golf returns for a second round with more than twice as many courses and characters, a brand-new driving range packed with mini-games, golf cart racing challenges, 4-player head-to-head online play via Xbox Live(tm) and the PlayStationÃ‚Â®2 online adapter and much more.
"When releasing a sequel to a successful franchise, it is always important to go above and beyond the call of duty," said Christoph Hartmann, Senior Vice President of Publishing for Global Star Software. "Outlaw Golf 2 does just that by tripling the amount of content, enhancing the already proven gameplay and offering the product at a consumer friendly price of $19.99."
The media had the following to say about Outlaw Golf 2:
"On top of being genuinely funny...it's a great game of golf, too." - Play Magazine
"...A measly 20 bucks will get you more fun than a barrel full of monkeys - and a mighty fine golf game on top." - Game Informer
"...with its excellent ball physics and well-tuned controls, Outlaw Golf 2 will satisfy any golf videogame enthusiast." - Official Xbox Magazine
The shameless bunch from the Outlaw series returns to the repressed world of golf with their outrageously twisted antics. 11 over-the-top characters turn boring old golf into a rowdy and tasteless display of uninhibited fun - scantily clad babes, wannabe rappers and deviant thugs take to the course and give a whole new meaning to playing from the rough.
* 8 extreme courses in total, each with their own dynamic weather conditions. These include 3 newly designed courses returning from the original Outlaw Golf in addition to 5 brand new environments. From the arctic chill of Glacier Ridge to the steamy jungles of Aztec Acres, Outlaw Golf 2 has it all, even a full sized miniature golf course and driving range;
* By playing through the tour and winning events, a player can unlock clubs and balls to be used either during tour or exhibition play as well as win new revealing outfits to customize your character;
* 13 play styles to choose: from match and tournament play to time attack and baseball golf;
* Anyone and everyone can grab some balls and spin, hook and slice their way into the action online with Xbox Live, with up to for four friends simultaneously. In addition, Outlaw Golf 2 will feature online leader boards where players can upload their scores;
* Unique to the outlaw series is the Composure Response System. Composure affects the way the character plays golf. Low composure will cause the player to have trouble making good shots, while high composure will allow the player to make great shots with very little effort. Because of this, composure can greatly improve or reduce a player's chance to beat his opponents;
* Features a fighting system that lets you beat up your caddie to increase the Composure Response meter. No other Golf game packs this kind of punch!
* Includes a new cart driving system that lets your player perform tricks like donuts, jumps, and slides in your player's own unique vehicle as they race to earn a perfect shot;
* State-of-the-art Golf engine- Pioneering analogue swing technology now copied by many, originated and perfected by Outlaw Golf 2.
Outlaw Golf 2 is rated 'M' for Mature and is now available for the XboxÃ‚Â® videogame system from Microsoft at a suggested retail price of $19.99. For more information on Outlaw Golf 2 please visit www.globalstarsoftware.com .
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is an integrated global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games and accessories for the PC, PlayStationÃ‚Â® game console, PlayStationÃ‚Â®2 computer entertainment system, XboxÃ‚Â®, Nintendo GameCube(tm) and Game BoyÃ‚Â® Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games and Global Star Software; and distributes products in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. Take-Two also manufactures and markets video game accessories in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region through its Joytech subsidiary. The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Vienna, Milan, Sydney, Breda (Netherlands) and Auckland. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Xbox (http://www.xbox.com) is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. The new tagline, "it's good to play together," captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle. Xbox is now available in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia. Xbox is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.