Haarlem, The Netherlands – 2 November 2012 - Videogames publisher Iceberg Interactive and ImmersionFX announce that the tropical paradise simulation game “The Good Life” has been released today in retail stores throughout North-West Europe and on worldwide digital download portals. The retail version comes with a 32 page manual and a poster size map of the JoJo Islands.
The Good Life ‘retail’ can be purchased in the Iceberg Web shop (www.iceberg-shop.com) from any location in the world at €19,99. For more information about the game, please visit the Iceberg website (www.iceberg-interactive.com).
This Out Now pressrelease is accompanied by an in-depth interview with ‘The Good Life’ developer immersionFX from Greece. Find out more about how the game was created, the hard work that went into it, what the developers favourite parts are and some gameplay tips! The full interview can be downloaded here.
About The Good Life
The Good Life is a free roaming simulation set in a visually stunning 3D tropical environment. Play an intriguing combination of gameplay styles; part ship simulation, part time-management, part tycoon and 100% fun. A villa ashore, your own yacht, a stunning sunset, sandy beaches and see-through waters. Live the life you always dreamed of on your way to becoming the area’s top dog.
Like so many, Derek Hales is fed up and is dreaming about ditching the nine-to-five lifestyle. When he learns that his late uncle made him the sole heir of “Carpe Diem Boats”, a boating company on the tropical complex of the Jo Jo islands, he doesn’t hesitate for a second. A new life awaits ! After a long voyage, he and his striking girlfriend Michelle Joyce finally arrive at their destination, enjoying the beautiful sunrise, with a Boating Company of their own. Compared to the dull office life, this new life looks much better. Finally but suddenly, life is good!
• With an array of luxury vessels at your disposal, take on various missions across ultra-realistic tropical waters, in order to make your fortune.
• Experience vast, beautiful tropical locations, with more than 50 harbours and dozens of diverse places to explore.
• Become an adept skipper and progress across 6 different ship types.
• Realistic weather conditions and 24hr day/night cycle.
• Seek treasures in the deep, rescue people from drowning, avoid pirate attacks and become rich and famous!
• Use your earnings to build your commercial empire - buy and sell properties in this tropical paradise – progress from sun beds, beach houses and bungalows, to restaurants, villas and even hotels.
• Play against 9 other NPC ‘Skippers’ who compete for business against you – become the best skipper, earn more money and become the ultimate tycoon of the JoJo Islands!
About immersionFX Games
immersionFX Games is an independent videogame developer with new ideas and a fresh perspective with emphasis in creating innovative game play experiences which you can’t get anywhere else. The company's flagship product is “Days of Sail: Wind over Waters“ back in 2007, a sailing simulation game that was a successful online & retail seller in all European territories. Coming 2008, the release of “CrimeCity“ was an attempt to enter the casual games arena with a 3D game. With a constant commitment to quality, the company's strategy is to grow in the industry by making innovative, close to reality games for all platforms and for all audiences. Read more about the company and its games at http://www.immersionfx.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive (http://www.iceberg-interactive.com) is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European retail, such as Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space - but is also known to back indie developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space.