Haarlem, The Netherlands - 16 August 2013 – Iceberg Interactive announces that it has secured the worldwide rights for Vector Thrust, an exhilarating combat flight simulator for PC, which incorporates an unusual, but stunning cel-shaded art style, creating the perfect balance between super-realistic and arcade-style graphics.
The title is under development by Portuguese studio TimeSymmetry, and features more than 150 aircraft, ranging from existing models, to rare prototypes, each with ultra- realistic flight characteristics. Players will be able to play a comprehensive single-player campaign, or go head-to-head online with several multiplayer modes.
Cláudio Rodriques, CEO at TimeSymmetry says, “It is with great pride that Timesymmetry partners up with Iceberg Interactive, to bring Vector Thrust to market. We believe that this will allow us to deliver a game of the utmost quality, to meet the high standards of both the players and everyone involved in the development.”
He continues: “We expect to develop Vector Thrust into one of the benchmarks of the genre and with the help of our players, the addition of mods and future expansions, will keep the action going for years to come.”
Erik Schreuder, CEO at Iceberg Interactive says, “Combat flight simulation is a genre that has performed very well for us in the past and we know there are a lot of fans of the genre out there. We are very confident that with Vector Thrust we have signed up a great new franchise, which especially shines with its unusual but great graphic style and its extensive collection of aircraft.”
He continues: “The potential of Vector Thrust is enormous and players will have full power over the game, to tweak, edit or mod every aspect.”
Vector Thrust will debut in both retail and on Steam and other digital portals in Q1 of 2014.
Since the game is still in active development, more info, features and content will be added by the developer on a regular basis. Keep track of Vector Thrust’s development via its official Facebook page.
About Vector Thrust
Vector Thrust is a fast-paced cel-shaded action-arcade combat flight simulator. Offering an extensive variety of game modes to choose from, with quick, action-oriented instant play, or the opportunity to experience an immersive story-based campaign, Vector Thrust has something for everyone, appealing to both players wanting to get straight into the action and those who want to experience something deeper.
Above all, Vector Thrust delivers a tactical, intelligent AI, where every unit works to complete its mission in a dynamic ever-changing battlefield that is never played the same way twice.
• The perfect balance between ultra-realistic and arcade graphics. Every aircraft is faithfully recreated with a highly detailed flight model, while at the same time it still remains playable for even the most inexperienced players.
• Experience an immersive story-based Campaign in a unique world context or jump right into the action in the Quick Action mode.
• Fly an extensive collection of more than 150 aircraft, ranging from real-world models to unusual and rare prototypes, all of them recreated with precision and emphasizing their unique characteristics.
• Test your abilities with every aircraft in Challenge mode, or battle for the high score in Arcade mode.
• Quickly customize your own battles with skirmish mode, or create your dream operation to the finest detail with the mission editor.
• Confront other players online with a competitive Multiplayer mode which includes wide variety of game modes to prove who is King of the Skies.
• Expand the original game with user made Custom content and customize and change the flavour of your game with an extensive variety of mutations.
TimeSymmetry is an independent game development studio based in Braga, Portugal. The company was founded in 2011 by Cláudio Rodrigues. Currently he is a one man team and focuses on a small quantity of high-quality game productions for PC.
About Iceberg Interactive
While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 50+ game arsenal - with more promising games in the pipeline.