Haarlem, The Netherlands - April 17, 2014 – Paris, France developer Amplitude Studios is currently at full-steam ahead, prepping its 4x fantasy strategy title Endless Legend (PC/Mac) for a Steam Early Access launch and hopes to bring the alpha to its devoted community within weeks. For now, fans can satisfy their craving for all things Endless with the fourth faction reveal: ‘The Necrophages’.
About The Necrophages
“The Necrophages are a scuttling monstrosity polluting the surface of Auriga; an insectoid menace that should be crushed under one's heel like the mutated cockroaches that they are.
Or so the Vaulters, the Wild Walkers, the Broken Lords, and every other nation on the planet would have one believe.
Naturally, the Necrophages themselves don't share this view - in fact, they hold very few views other than fight, feed, and propagate. The Necrophages have found a niche in the environment that suits them very well: They win by numbers; by elevating the colony over the individual; by constant warfare.
Something between a hive insect and an undead horde, they reproduce by laying eggs in the bodies of fallen enemies. Occasionally the offspring even inherits elements of the host's DNA, accelerating their process of change and adaptation. Emotionless, relentless, and driven by their biology, the Necrophages do not waste time with diplomacy and commerce.”
Visit the official Amplitude website to keep up with all the latest Endless Legend news: http://g2g.amplitude-studios.com/Games/Endless-Legend
You can also find the press kits for the three major factions revealed earlier: The Vaulters , The Wild Walkers and The Broken Lords.
Story of Endless Legend:
Another sunrise, another day of toil. Food must be grown, industries built, science and magic advanced, and wealth collected. Urgency drives these simple efforts, however, for your planet holds a history of unexplained apocalypse, and the winter you just survived was the worst on record. A fact that has also been true for the previous five.
As you discover the lost secrets of your world and the mysteries of the legends and ruins that exist as much in reality as in rumour, you will come to see that you are not alone. Other peoples also struggle to survive, to grow, and perhaps even to conquer.
You have a city, a loyal populace, and a few troops; your power and magic should be sufficient to keep them alive. But beyond that, nothing is certain… Where will you go, what will you find, and how will you react? Will your trail be one of roses, or of blood?
Explore fantastic lands.
· Lead one of eight civilizations each with a unique gameplay style and storyline.
· Survive through cold dark seasons that drive Auriga to its end. Will it also be yours?
· Experience an endless replayability with randomly generated worlds and quests.
· Set the size, shape, topography and more... to create your own world to discover.
Expand beyond the unknown.
· Conquer, build and develop villages into feared fortresses or wonderful cities.
· Assimilate powerful minor factions and use their special traits and units wisely.
· Hire, equip and train your heroes to become army leaders or city governors.
· Raise your civilization by finding mysterious artefacts and forgotten technologies.
Exploit every opportunity.
· Evolve your civilization through the discovery of new advanced technologies.
· Collect Dust, luxuries and strategic resources tradable on the marketplace.
· Keep one step ahead of other civilizations through trade and subtle diplomacy.
· Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
Exterminate fools who defy you.
· Experience an innovative dynamic simultaneous turn-based battle system.
· Use unit equipment, abilities and the terrain to overcome your opponents.
· Zoom out of a battle and rule the other aspects of your empire seamlessly.
· Define your custom civilizations and confront those created by your friends.
About Amplitude Studios
Amplitude Studios is an independent gathering of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: create the best strategy games! Based in Paris, the studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world. Developer credits include franchises such as Battlefield, Rayman, XIII, R.U.S.E., Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Juarez, Might & Magic Heroes, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, and others. Working closely for years with communities of players to share, discuss or compare ideas, the whole team has the dream of bringing the idea of GAMES2GETHER one step further. Help us accomplish our goal to bring a brand new way for players around the world to participate in the creation of a video game! Read more at http://www.amplitude-studios.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal – with more promising games in the pipeline.