Haarlem, The Netherlands – May 23rd 2016 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive will be adding to their burgeoning stable of 4x strategy titles with Stars in Shadow and Lord of Rigel, each a unique addition to the richly populated genre. Gamers eager to add two brand new 4x strategy titles to their wishlists can now do so.
Stars in Shadow (PC), developed by Canadian outfit Ashdar Games, comes with a distinctive artistic style and features streamlined empire management, sophisticated turn-based tactical combat, and detailed world building. Compete with alien factions to explore and settle nearby star systems, develop colonies, build fleets to defend against rivals, negotiate with them or conquer them, when necessary. Win by unifying the galaxy, through diplomacy or force. Stars in Shadow is scheduled to launch September 2016. Download a press kit for the game.
Lord of Rigel (PC), created by US based developer Rhombus Studios, is a turn-based strategy title with real-time combat elements and is set in a galaxy locked in a galactic cold war. Choose between warring elder races, forge your own coalition, or go it alone. Navigate galactic council politics and defeat grand menaces while utilizing espionage, research, and military force to shape the galaxy. Lord of Rigel is currently listed for a Q1-2017 release. A press kit is available for download.
Other 4x titles to be released this year by Iceberg Interactive and that can already be wishlisted include Dawn of Andromeda and Oriental Empires .
Stars in Shadow Features
· Epic Scope: Starting at the dawn of interstellar travel, progress through four eras of technological advancement. Discover the science of planetary terraforming, upgrade your infantry battalions to battle mechs, and grow your fleet from a squadron of destroyers to an armada of planet-destroying Dread Stars.
· Varied Factions: 7 Playable factions comprising six alien races. Each faction has different research strengths and technology options. Forming alliances, conquering neighboring species, or discovering ancient artifacts may open up additional avenues of research. Choose your race wisely as it impacts which worlds will suit you, what trades or alliances may be offered, and whether or not your neighbors are inclined to trust you.
· Stylized Setting: A distinctive comic-book art style and an original, detailed universe backstory draw you into an immersive game world. Interact with a unique cast of alien characters, make friends and influence people, or crush your enemies and see them driven before you.
· Focused High-Level Strategy: Build a vast and varied empire, taking advantage of the unique traits offered by different alien populations and the worlds they inhabit. A streamlined resource and planetary improvement model keeps the game moving even when your empire grows large.
· Deep Turn-Based Tactical Combat: Face off against your opponents in complex 2D turn-based tactical battles. Counter your enemy’s missile barrage using point defense or interceptors, then close to energy weapon range! Stars in Shadow’s tactical engine includes several features rarely seen in turn based games. Multi-ship commands keep even large fleet battles fast-paced, and smart unit behaviors allow tight control with minimal micromanagement. Auto-resolve battles that are a foregone conclusion, while retaining the ability to replay any engagement to see exactly what happened.
Lord of Rigel Features:
· Species - Choose from 10 playable races with unique characteristics, behaviors, and leaders. Play alongside two elder races and choose the fate
· End Game - Shape the fate of the galaxy by harnessing rare strategic resources to build dyson spheres, doomsday weapons, or unlock evolutionary secrets.
· Diplomacy - Shape Galactic Council politics by negotiating trade treaties, alliances, and creating client states. Each species has unique leaders with personalities and cultural traditions that direct their choices.
· Espionage - Run a shadow empire and benefit from your spy network through sabotaging fleets, bombing infrastructure, stealing technology, creating the “right” political climate by inciting rebellions, or assassinating leaders.
· Fleet Combat - Real time combat that rewards for using good tactics. Use smaller ships to flank and target weaker rear armor on capital ships. Target subsystems and disable: weapons, shields, engines, computers, and other systems. Use onboard marines to raid enemy ships or capture them.
· Menaces - Defend yourself from intergalactic invaders and devastating alien probes. Gain galactic prestige by defending the galaxy against those who would destroy it or enlist the aid of the galactic council to end these mutual threats.
About publisher Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over recent years, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, StarDrive 2 and Starpoint Gemini 2, the company has an exceptional line-up, including Oriental Empires, Killing Floor 2, Starpoint Gemini Warlords, Dawn of Andromeda, Lord of Rigel and Stars in Shadow – with further promising games in the pipeline.