Haarlem, The Netherlands- May 19th 2009 - Newly formed videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive today announced that it has acquired the publishing rights in several territories for “Restaurant Empire 2” for the PC, from videogame developer Enlight Software. Slated for release later this month in the UK and Scandinavia, Restaurant Empire 2 takes gamers further into the depths and delights of the culinary universe than ever before.
“We are really proud to be bringing the sequel to the widely popular Restaurant Empire franchise to major parts of Europe”, said Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg Interactive. “A game like this certainly fits the genre that gamers will come to expect from us.”
In Restaurant Empire II, players must build, cook and hire their way to the very top of the gastronomic biz, where tasty food is king and smart management reels in the dollar signs. And if you’re lucky, you just may go further than any other before you and cement your status as a true legend of cuisine…
• A brand-new 16-misssion campaign that gives us a look at the ongoing story of the Leboufs, as they try to tiptoe through the minefield of marriage and the unique circumstances of professional success.
• A superior graphics engine brings to life the cities, characters and restaurants that populate the world of cuisine. Food has never looked so good.
• Two new enterprise categories: Coffee Shop and Dessert House that complements the existing Restaurant enterprise.
• Over 600 recipes in total, offering a huge variety of food.
• New themed restaurants ranging from the aquatic deep, exotic rainforest and motor racing takes the idea of “themes” to unprecedented heights
• Over 700 new interior objects, bringing the total number to 1400.
• Introducing the new German cuisine category of restaurants complimenting the existing foods and architectures of the French, Italians and Americans.
• Munich, in addition to the triumvirate of Paris, Los Angeles and Rome is now yours to select as a destination to set up shop and expand your burgeoning business.
• Hire live performers to perk up your restaurant’s atmosphere, varying from concert soloists to rock bands and indoor circus performers.
• With the new Recipe Research feature you can now actively invest into improving the quality of your food as well as gain invaluable knowledge in the formulation of new delicious recipes.
• And finally, Armand awaits you with a secret mini-game inside.
About Enlight Software
Enlight is one of the world's leading developers of PC simulation and strategy game software. The company was founded by Trevor Chan in 1993, with a mission of creating games that are not only entertaining, but of equal importance, enlightening. Enlight has won numerous industry awards for its innovative and top-quality game products, including the Capitalism, Seven Kingdoms, Hotel Giant, and Restaurant Empire series of games.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a brand new videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, Iceberg Interactive is a new alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Iceberg Interactive’s portfolio of products will include titles for both the PC and console platforms, with a special focus on the casual gamer and specialty niche products. This will be reflected in our line-up, with more high quality titles to be announced soon. When it comes to games….don’t just play… play it cool.