Haarlem, The Netherlands – 26 March 2010 – Premier videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive and Gaijin Entertainment have announced that they have struck a publishing deal, with Iceberg securing the rights to publish the boxed retail version of Wings of Prey in major European territories: UK, Germany, France, Scandinavia and Benelux. Wings of Prey is a combat flight simulator game for the PC, based around the large-scale aerial combat and ground military operations of World War II. The game includes both a strong singleplayer campaign and a 4 game mode multiplayer, supported by many additional multiplayer features. Wings of Prey is set for a retail release on 30 April 2010 in the UK and 14 May 2010 in Germany.
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says: “We’re very proud to announce Wings of Prey as a major game in our simulation line-up. The game is stunningly realistic, which you especially notice when coming close to the ground. The dogfights in major air battles get frantic with the many enemy and friendly planes around you and really pull you into the action. We are certain Wings of Prey will satisfy the needs and thrills for both sim-fans and more casual gamers and greatly look forward to the upcoming boxed retail release.”
Anton Yudintsev, Gaijin Entertainment CEO says: “We’re really excited to be bringing Wings of Prey to an even broader audience and feel that with Iceberg Interactive we have signed up with a very dedicated partner who will make the retail release a resounding success.”
About Wings of Prey
In Wings of Prey players can participate in some of the war’s most famous battles piloting fighters, battle planes and bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are six theatres of war to engage in – The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Ardennes, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun – representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.
The game also boasts an all new damage effects engine as well as advanced environmental visuals enriching the game play. Wings of Prey features hundreds of airplanes taking part in air battles. The unique environmental engine also produces highly detailed, realistic landscapes that allow players to see breathtaking ground support actions.
Wings of Prey features
• Authentic World War atmosphere: Cutting edge technologies with highly detailed visuals bring the epic battles to life
• Engage in more than 50 missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe
• Historically accurate aircrafts: Experience over 40 planes including fighters, battle planes and bombers. Learn to master Spitfire, Mustang, Messerschmitt and many more.
• Flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation
• Downloadable content support: more planes and missions coming in 2010
• Support of 6-DOF TrachIR, TripleHead2Go, Saitek and Thrustmaster joysticks, mouse and voice headsets
• Vast multiplayer: 4 game modes to choose; VoIP, lobby, game system, leaderboards, friends lists, join-in-progress and host migration features provide great experience
• Realistic sound effects and original music from Jeremy Soule
Press quotes on Wings of Prey:
• “Wings of Prey would stand out even if the sim field were considerably more crowded.” IGN - 83%
• “A rare sim triumph.” PC Gamer - 78%
• “A game that flies high”. PC Format - 82%
About Gaijin Entertainment
Gaijin Entertainment is a dynamically evolving Russian developer, established in 2001. Gaijin Entertainment is not only engaged in creation of games for various platforms, but also license their own highly technologically advanced engine Dagor Engine 3.0 to other developers. Gaijin Entertainment is also actively engaged in research of new, promising technologies that provide decisions with appeal and urgency in current fast-changing conditions of the IT-market.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a premier videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. The company is staffed with a mix of industry veterans and upcoming young talent, has offices in key locations across Europe and has established partnerships all over the globe for both online and offline sales. Hence why Iceberg is a great alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. The company has the licenses for several console platforms yet currently focuses foremost on PC gaming. Iceberg is among the market leaders for the following niche genres for PC: simulators, adventure and action games.
Don’t just play… play it cool.
For more information visit www.iceberg-interactive.com to keep up with the latest breaking news.