Haarlem, The Netherlands – 23 March 2011 – Gamers can now take their spaceships for a test drive, as videogames publisher Iceberg Interactive and independent development studio LGM Games today release the Starpoint Gemini (PC) demo as a download at various partner websites:
The Starpoint Gemini demo includes the introduction, tutorial mission and first two campaign missions. On top of this, players can free roam two of the sectors and step aboard a selection of the ships that will be available in the full game.
Starpoint Gemini is a tactical space RPG, in which players are free to travel the rich sci-fi universe and fight, trade and research as they go. Ships can be upgraded with state-of-the-art technology and players can increase their own experience and rank to become more powerful. All of this will be used in large scale battles with other fleets of hostile ships, the outcome of which will shape the fate of Gemini.
The boxed version of Starpoint Gemini will arrive from 25 March 2011 in retail stores across the UK, including GAME, Play.com, and Amazon.co.uk.
Starpoint Gemini Features
• Free roaming space of the vast and interesting Gemini star system waiting to be explored
• Over 50 large space sectors connected via entrances into hyperspace called T-Gates
• Intriguing storyline full of schemes and plot twists pulling player deeper into main plot
• Deep and immersive experience of a living star system full of space stations, asteroid mining bases, ore fields to be mined, randomly appearing anomalies, random encounters with hostile pirates or vessels in distress, trade convoys, military patrols, nebulas and more
• Countless missions to be taken on at random through Freelance commission
• Diverse skill system offering more than 30 upgradeable vessel maneuvers
• Special passive bonus perks awarded at increasing your rank
• Special built-in abilities making even smaller ship classes useful in fleet battles
• Over 300 available ship upgrades ranging from weapons and energy shields to power core and thrusters
• Various bonuses to be gained by enlisting additional experienced personnel for your ship
• Modding tools made available post-release will allow gamers to unleash their creativity in a completely new environment
For more information, please visit the Starpoint Gemini gamepage (http://iceberg-interactive.com/games-mainmenu-27/355-starpoint-gemeni.html).
About LGM Games
Little Green Men TM is a young team of 15 highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists and animators based in South-Eastern Europe. Their plan is pretty straightforward: creating quality games.