Haarlem, The Netherlands – 01 June 2012 – Killing Floor is a co-op zombie shooter hit that by now has sold 1.2 million copies worldwide and to celebrate that, a Gold Edition was created by developer Tripwire Interactive and retail publisher Iceberg Interactive. This Killing Floor Gold Edition includes the base game, all previously released DLC, plus the highly anticipated new female playable character Ash (exclusive in the retail package until August 1st) and has now gone now live. Starting today, the boxed Gold Edition is available in retail stores across Europe and in the Iceberg Webshop (http://www.iceberg-shop.com) and the Tripwire Webshop. Killing Floor Gold Edition also comes with a fully updated manual and features a cool slipcase packaging.
For more information and news, please visit http://www.iceberg-interactive.com regularly or follow Iceberg Interactive on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Iceberg_Int
About Killing Floor:
Killing Floor takes place in the devastated cities and countryside of England, after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. You and your friends are members of the military and police, dropped into these locations with a simple mission: survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed experiments. The only problem is, these “experiments” aren’t waiting to be taken out – they’re coming for YOU!
Key Features Included:
• Co-op survival horror gameplay for up to six players
• Persistent Perks system, enables players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
• Nearly 200 Steam ® Achievements, including seasonal special events for free!
• Slow-motion “ZEDtime” to better watch those violent creature deaths, even in multiplayer
• Ten different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, to chainsaws, chain-guns and rocket-launchers
• 33+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower
• Open, non-linear play areas enable the player to choose where to fight the hordes
• Solo game mode for offline play
• Support for Steam Friends and other SteamworksTM features
• Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods 100s of community-made maps now available!
• Exclusive Female Playable Character including new female voice overs in 3 languages
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award-winning mod team and winners of the 2004 edition of the "$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal" competition. The team released Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, to both critical and commercial success, garnering several awards including "Multiplayer Game of the Year" and "FPS of the Year". This was followed by the immensely popular Killing Floor, which went straight to the top of the best-seller list on Steam and has now sold over 1.2m units, making it one of the best-selling PC games of all time. Red Orchestra 2 was released in September 2011, to high praise and PC Gamer's award for "FPS of the Year (Multiplayer)". Along with publishing other Indie titles, Tripwire Interactive continues to build a reputation for strong support for all their titles over a prolonged period of time. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive's website at www.tripwireinteractive.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent videogame publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European retail, such as Killing Floor, Wings of Prey & APB Reloaded – but is also known to back indie developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space. Read more about the company and its games at http://www.iceberg-interactive.com.