Zurich, Switzerland – August 15, 2013 – Former boutiq animation team plunges into the games industry with IF Games -– a new game studio with a passion for storytelling and cinematic appeal—and joins hands with ex-LucasArts game designer Bill Tiller to develop their debut title Perils of Man; a serialized adventure game to be released on iPad in October this year. The announcement trailer for Perils of Man: Episode 1 was first unveiled today.
Perils of Man is an adventure game for inquisitive teens, to be released in two parts; each with an ambitious two to three hours of gameplay. “We needed to create an original story that would set the mood throughout the game,” producer Nathan Ornick clarifies. By bringing veteran game designer Bill Tiller together with Hollywood screenwriter Stephen Beckner, and Perils’ creative director Michael Huber, the team developed a sweeping, multi-generational saga. The result is a captivating story centered around a teenage girl who is thrown into a hidden world of time-travel, global catastrophe and personal triumph when she uncovers a lost technology with the potential to eliminate all the uncertainties of life.
The first trailer for Perils of Man: Episode 1, which can be found on the Perils of Man Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/theperilsofman) gives a taste of the fascinating adventure IF Games has cooked up for you.
Perils of Man is the first release from the brand new game studio IF Games. “For our debut game, we decided on the adventure genre,” explains boutiq and IF Games co-founder Huber, “– games that remind us of the ones we played when growing up ourselves.” IF Games co-founder Nathan Ornick would go on to contract ex-LucasArts game designer Bill Tiller, who has collaborated on a range of hit adventure games such as The Dig, The Curse of Monkey Island and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. “From the start, we decided to work with Bill Tiller, who eventually became the mentor of this insanely ambitious project and our dedicated team of key contributors that includes Gene Mocsy (additional Game Design) and Dave Neale (Art Director)," Ornick explains.
Perils of Man is the result of a unique team of collaborators combining boutiq’s technical expertise with a ferocious dedication to detail. "We look forward to future projects and apply all the things we've learned on this journey to our newly founded game company IF Games," states Philipp Zünd, CEO of boutiq animation studio and IF Games co-founder.
Perils of Man: Episode 1 is available starting October, 2013 on iPad (iOS 6 and up) and is distributed on iTunes, with the second episode to follow later in 2013.
· Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMeOZhtxMkg
· Perils of Man Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theperilsofman
· Perils of Man on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/theperilsofman
About Perils of Man
When sixteen year-old Ana Eberling receives a gift out of the blue from her missing father, she is catapulted head-first into an enthralling mystery that will take her on a journey through time. Ana is amazed to learn that her ancestors were inventors of an incredible technology that gave them the power to eliminate uncertainty. Ana needs to know why her family has fiercely kept this potential boon to humanity from the public for generations, and if the answer to that question has something to do with her missing father. Ultimately, Ana must decide if a perfectly predictable world is a curse on humanity, or a triumph for mankind.
For more information about Perils of Man and to keep up with the latest news, visit and like Perils of Man on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theperilsofman and follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/theperilsofman.
Key features include:
· Timewalk Through the Past: A key element of gameplay is a mysterious chronicle of history’s disasters and catastrophes. Unlocking its secrets will let players timewalk to real- world events from the gilded age of scientific invention.
· Alter Destiny By Preventing Disaster: Command the fates of thousands by mastering a hidden technology that gives the player the ability to foresee risk. Experience a special gameplay mechanic that reveals a hidden matrix of cause and effect.
· A Century-Old Mystery Solved: Discover a dark history of secrets, controversy, rivalry, and tragedy behind a façade of ingenious scientific invention and celebrated family fortune. Solve clever classical and inventory-based puzzles set up (but by whom?) either to keep someone out, or something in.
· 24 Spectacular Environments: Each episode gives the player 2-3 hours of haunting adventure set in a unique and evocative graphic style all on your iPad. Explore the past and solve your way to the future in a game that will have you wondering if being the master of your fate is everything it’s cracked up to be.
About IF Games and boutiq Animation
Founded in August 2013, IF Games is a privately held game development studio that specializes in creating branded games, serious games and compelling interactive experiences with a distinctive visual style and high-quality game play. Perils of Man was developed in association with award-winning animation studio boutiq, based in Zurich, Switzerland, which develops and produces a wide range of animated shorts and commercials.
Players can visit www.ifgames.ch and www.boutiq.ch for more information,
or follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theperilsofman, Twitter http://www.twitter.com/theperilsofman and Tumblr http://theperilsofman.tumblr.com