Bracknell, UK - 17th October 2012 - Kalypso Media UK is pleased to announce the availability of new DLC for the Windows PC version of Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants. Available now, the "Harbour Master" DLC adds several new buildings, decorative objects, and more. The new DLC is priced at £4.49 GBP/ €4.99 EUR, and can be downloaded via the Kalypso Launcher from inside Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants.
Note that the console versions of the DLC will be released at a future date.
Contents of the Harbour Master DLC:
Enhance Port Royale 3 with six completely new building types, several decorative objects for your cities and gain access to an economic adviser, who will give you useful hints. In addition, you will now have more control over the defense of your cities and you will be able to build your own ships!
● Six new buildings (including embassy, fire department and more)
● Decorative objects such as plants, statues and various types of street coverings
● More control over city defensive lines
● An economic adviser to assist players in making financial choices
● The ability to build your own ships
In Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants, players will embark upon an epic adventure through the Caribbean during the turbulent 17th century where the naval powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands all fight for supremacy in the colonies. Players take on the role of a young captain trying to build his fortune and reputation in the new world colonies. The campaign consists of two different paths for the young protagonist to follow: adventurer and trader.
Following the path of the adventurer will lead the player on a naval conquest where they must gain notoriety through raids, piracy, bounty hunting, plundering and conquering cities as they strive to build their new Caribbean empire.
The route of the trader sees the player using their economic know-how to become the most powerful trading tycoon in the New World by setting up trade routes, building production facilities and developing cities.
In free-play mode, the player crafts a combination of the two paths, creating a unique and challenging scenario on the path to increase wealth and power.
Features of Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants
● Two different single player campaigns: Adventurer and Trader
● Naval battles, raids, plundering and invasions await the Adventurer, while the Trader will develop trade routes and the economy to earn glory, fortune and power
● 16 different ship types, such as powerful Galleons or versatile Frigates
● Organise trade with 60 different cities such as Port-au-Prince or Tortuga
● A comprehensive trade system, with supply and demand dynamically setting the price of goods and wares, like in the real world
More information about Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants is available at www.port-royale3.com
About The Kalypso Media Group
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with 120 employees world-wide.
Along with Headquarters in Worms, Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. Subsidiary, and owns three development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH, Gaming Minds Studios GmbH and Noumena Studios GmbH – and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media‘s titles include the critically acclaimed Tropico 4, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Dungeons. Upcoming multi-platform titles include Port Royale 3, Omerta – City of Gangsters, DARK and The Dark Eye – Demonicon. Further information about Kalypso Media is available at http://www.kalypsomedia.com.