Bracknell, UK, 25th January 2012 – Today Kalypso Media released a pack of screenshots from Tropico 4: Modern Times, the upcoming expansion for the much beloved city-building game, Tropico 4. The expansion, which will be available in March for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC, will bring the island nation of Tropico into the present, challenging players with new missions while offering them the opportunity to modernize their island nations with new structures, transportation modes and more. A sinister new force is out to destroy the regime of El Presidente…are you ready to face the challenge head on?
Tropico 4: Modern Times will be available this March, and will be priced at 1200 Microsoft Points / £19.99 GBP when available.
The times are changing and the island nation of Tropico is evolving. The Internet, a New World Order, terrorists, global financial markets and space exploration are on the rise and pose new challenges to El Presidente and his regime.
Old buildings and structures are becoming obsolete and need to be upgraded or even replaced by their modern counterparts. Cars and transportation need modernization to meet the needs of a changing economy; and now El Presidente can even send people to the International Space Station! El Presidente and his ministers must now join the war against terror and control Internet regulation and freedom of speech on Tropico.
- Make Tropico fit for the 21st century: Evolve the island from the Cold War era to modern times and even into the future
- 30 new buildings become available as time progresses, including condos, skyscrapers, Organic Ranches and Biofarms. Replace obsolete buildings with these modern and inspiring designs
- Upgrade old buildings to new variants – modernized apartment buildings, banks, museums and much more
- 10 new edicts allow even more control over your citizens’ lives. Block or limit citizens’ Internet use, create a police state or be a “good guy” and launch the Festival of Love edict
- New single player campaign comprised of 12 comprehensive scenario missions. Protect Tropico from unseen and sinister forces