Mind over monsters! Kerberos to release “The Pit: MindGames” expansion
Kerberos Productions are pleased to announce the upcoming release of the first expansion to their acclaimed role-playing game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames. MindGames will launch July 1st, 2013 on Steam and other fine digital retailers everywhere.
The Pit: MindGames expands the fun, fast, light-hearted roguelike RPG of Sword of the Stars: The Pit with new playable characters, new monsters, new levels, new weapons and items, and – best of all – psionic powers for you to unleash as you dive ever deeper into The Pit. Incorporating even more of the popular Sword of the Stars universe, the game offers a rich science fiction backdrop and sharp modern gameplay with a playful art style and accessible gameplay that are suitable to a wide audience.
“The Pit-with its random elements and permadeath-is justified in its boast of replayability…” – PC Gamer
“Has that same feeling of ‘okay, just one more run’ that both Binding of Isaac or FTL: Faster Than Light have…” – Destructoid
“Sword of the Stars: The Pit is an absolute must-play for gamers that want a new spin on an old genre.” - Indie Game HQ
· 2 New playable characters; the Human Psion and the Tarka Ranger – the first playable alien character!
· 10 New floors of ancient, evil science add to the challenge!
· New room types, including wide, multi-level biospheres!
· New traps, new weapons, new items, and new recipes!
· New game mechanics, including 28 Psionic Powers!
· New Psionic enemies to fight, drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
· 2 New Play Modes; “Infinite Mode” as well as “Seriously? Mode”, for those players that find “Insane Mode” isn’t insane enough!
· Expanded meta-game aspects, including the ability to “bank” XP and spare items from one session and start the next run of the game on a deeper level, using your “banked” equipment.
Web page: http://sots-thepit.com/
About Kerberos Productions
Kerberos Productions is a gathering of experienced video game developers based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Before forming their own company, the team was involved in the development of both Homeworld: Cataclysm for Sierra and Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon for Disney Interactive before developing their own IP. Kerberos has released two games and four expansions to the 4X Sword of the Stars series, as well as the indie Fort Zombie, and is pleased as punch to be expanding the SotS universe into new game genres. Stay tuned – we have much more planned. For additional information, please visit www.kerberos-productions.com