IRVINE, Calif. – May 1, 2012 – Manga-themed massively multiplayer online (MMO) game Elsword is turning one! To commemorate this milestone, Kill3rCombo is not only gearing up with in-game activities and bonuses, but is also awarding five lucky players with custom-skinned Nintendo 3DS Portable Gaming Systems. Beginning Friday, May 4 through Sunday, May 6 gamers can enter the raffle by claiming the “3DS Raffle Ticket” item from the in-game mailbox, and continue playing as usual. Winners will be announced on Wednesday May, 9 and will be contacted by the Elsword team.
“As with any new business venture in North America, we were both apprehensive and hopeful that online gamers would receive Elsword as well as audiences overseas have,” said Ben Colayco, CEO of Kill3rCombo. “Now, as we celebrate Elsword’s first anniversary, we are proud that the game continues to grow and has found its niche within the gaming community as the recipient of the 2011 OnRPG Online Gaming Awards Best Side-Scroller.”
Anniversary in-game festivities are live now and will continue through Tuesday, May 8. All-new features include:
· Anniversary Cubes – Coupons will be awarded to players who craft special Anniversary Cubes which contain special rewards, including rare Ariel Magic Amulets!
· Anniversary Cake – Now available for purchase, cakes provide 50 percent HP Recovery and Cure Effects.
· Limited time Anniversary Coin – The exclusive Anniversary Coin accessory can be purchased from Luriel, and will only be available during the event.
· Play time bonus – Players who are logged in for more than one hour will receive special rewards, such as Accessory Cubes, Ariel’s Ice Burner and Fluorite Ore Exchange Tickets.
· Increased drop rate – Starting on Friday, May 4 through the weekend, there will be a two time drop rate increase and EXP during specific times.
In Elsword, gamers can choose from five specialized and customizable characters as they explore immersive maps and battle to complete dynamic quests. As players progress through the game, they can evolve their fighting styles by upgrading to new job classes and watch as their chosen character matures and gains more fierce abilities and combos. With intuitive and straightforward controls, Elsword offers players of all skill levels the chance to defeat enemies and deal damage, either on a solo mission or cooperatively in a party of up to four players. For those who welcome a challenge, Elsword also delivers action-packed player-versus-player (PvP) combat.
For more information on Elsword anniversary events, or to play the game, please visit: http://www.elswordonline.com/.
Based in Orange County, Calif., Kill3rCombo is a joint venture of Level Up! Games and KOG Studios with a mission to deliver multiplayer online action games to the North American market. Level Up! Games is the first and biggest online game publisher in both Brazil and the Philippines. KOG Studios is a leading game developer located in Daegu, South Korea creating popular titles including Grand Chase and Fighters Club. Kill3rCombo, which was founded in 2010, combines the development expertise of KOG Studios with the publishing prowess of Level Up! Games to introduce North American audiences to Elsword, a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game.