Burlingame, CA and Los Angeles, CA - May 18, 2005 - KOEI, recognized worldwide as a leading brand of strategy and action games, today announced the latest edition of the critically acclaimed series will ship to North American retailers on June 21st, 2005.
"This landmark 10th edition combines the series' successful core features, new political and battle elements, and the most stunning visuals yet for a refreshing take on the hallowed franchise," said Amos Ip, Vice-President of Sales & Marketing at KOEI Corporation. " Players who want to delve further into the rich history and mythos will have lots to discover."
About Romance of the Three Kingdoms X
The Chinese-themed Historical epic ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS X begins after the beleaguered Chinese empire falls victim to a rebellious plot, and continues through over one hundred years of civil war. China's turbulent history is revealed in breathtaking detail as players take the roles of
Ancient China's most extraordinary figures including peasant turned emperor Liu Bei, conqueror Cao Cao, the elite warrior Zhao Yun, and brilliant strategist Zhuge Liang. Key product features include:
* Players have the freedom to choose from an astonishing 650 playable characters or create up to 110 new officers.
* Social class, wide-ranging personalities, and events affect the personal life of your character. Choose from five ranks: Sovereign, Viceroy, Prefect, Vassal, or Free Officer.
* Become a diplomat and experience the significant political victories of the time. Debate with other officers and officials and master the politics of war.
* Acquire over 40 skills plus an array of new commands. Players can start a rogue army, fulfill civilian requests, vow an oath of brotherhood, dispatch spies, and much more.
* The constant threat of enemy campaigns adds a new level of tension! Regional conflicts escalate into large-scale wars as the fighting spreads. Players can build a massive army and launch full-scale campaigns against enemy forces.
* Over 200 dramatic events are viewed and interpreted differently by each character.
* As players progress through history, their game world grows and develops based on achievements, skills, and strategies. Detailed tutorials, a help function and convenient command explanations allow for trouble-free play.
* Score composed and conducted by Yoshihiro Ike (Dead Leaves, SD Gundam Force)
Developed by KOEI Co., Ltd, ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS X is produced by Kou Shibusawa. The game is for 1-8 players (offline) and is rated "T" (Mild Language, Mild Violence, Use of Alcohol) by the ESRB.
About KOEI Corporation
KOEI Corporation, the North American subsidiary of KOEI Co., Ltd. of Japan, established operations in 1988. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company is now in its seventeenth year and is recognized as a leading content provider in the highly competitive video game industry.
KOEI is respected worldwide as the premier brand for Strategy and Simulation games, and is the innovator of the Tactical Action genre. The company's Dynasty Warriors(r) series has generated more than 7 million units in sales worldwide, since its first release for the PlayStation game console in 1997.
KOEI develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems and personal computers. For fiscal 2004, KOEI posted worldwide revenues of $270 million. KOEI maintains operations in Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Canada, China, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. The company constantly seeks the fine balance between entertainment, technology, art and education. More information about KOEI's products can be found on the Internet at www.koei.com, www.koei.co.uk, and www.koei.co.jp.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Warriors and the KOEI logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of KOEI Co., Ltd. (c)2005 KOEI Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The ratings icon is a
trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.