Burlingame, CA and Los Angeles, CA - May 18, 2005 - KOEI, recognized worldwide as a leading brand of strategy and action games, today announced that DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 is coming to the Xbox(r) video game system from Microsoft. The highly anticipated action game is slated for a North American launch during in the Fall of 2005.
"KOEI continues to thrill consumers with our unique brand of entertainment. By bringing Dynasty Warriors 5 to the Xbox, KOEI will let video gamers experience this mind-blowing action game like never before," said Amos Ip, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing at KOEI Corporation. "This is an exciting occasion for us and the entire Xbox community."
About Dynasty Warriors 5
DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 takes players back in time to an ancient land governed by chaos, and the mightiest warriors in history fight for control of the Chinese empire. The game's key features include:
* Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound (exclusive to Xbox)
* New voice option! Choose between English and the never-before-released Japanese with English subtitles. (exclusive to Xbox)
* Load times are significantly reduced. Spend more time in combat and less time at loading screens. (exclusive to Xbox)
* The largest Dynasty Warriors cast ever assembled. Six new Dynasty Warriors in all for a total roster of 48 playable characters, each with their own storyline and in-game events.
* A completely revamped weapons system with a supreme arsenal of devastating weapons and new attacks. New Musou Rage, character-specific jump attacks, and blazing 9-hit Evolution Combos open the possibility for the previously unattainable 9,999 K.O.s!
* Twice as many characters per screen than Dynasty Warriors 4 to create the most satisfying Musou attacks ever.
* New more intelligent bodyguard officers designed to help players face the greatest Tactical Action challenges to date.
* An enhanced battlefield base system that challenges players' strategic decision-making in the midst of combat.
* 38 completely redesigned maps, each 30% larger and with environments that have their own look and feel.
* A vastly improved graphics engine that reduces fog, delivers rich detail in the characters and
environments, and eliminates any drop in frame rate. * New Chaos difficulty level!
Endowed with a spectacular arsenal of new weapons and attacks to master, massive landscapes to conquer, and much more, players will experience the greatest Dynasty Warriors adventure of all time.
Developed by KOEI's award-winning internal team Omega Force, DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 is a 1-2 Player game. DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 is rated "T" (Teen- Use of Alcohol, Violence) by the ESRB. DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 is available now for the PlayStation(r)2 computer entertainment system and will ship for the Xbox in Fall 2005
About KOEI Corporation
KOEI Corporation, the North American subsidiary of KOEI Co., Ltd. of Japan, established operations in 1988. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company is now in its seventeenth year and is recognized as a leading content provider in the highly competitive video game industry.
KOEI is respected worldwide as the premier brand for Strategy and Simulation games, and is the innovator of the Tactical Action genre. The company's Dynasty Warriors(r) series has generated more than 7 million units in sales worldwide, since its first release for the PlayStation game console in
KOEI develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems and personal computers. For fiscal 2004, KOEI posted worldwide revenues of $270 million. KOEI maintains operations in Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Canada, China, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. The company constantly seeks the fine balance between entertainment, technology, art and education. More information about KOEI's products can be found on the Internet at www.koei.com, www.koei.co.uk, and www.koei.co.jp.
Dynasty Warriors, and the KOEI logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of KOEI Co., Ltd. (c)2005 KOEI Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. All other titles are trademarks of their respective owners. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, and the Xbox Logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries and are used under license from Microsoft. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. "Dolby", "Pro Logic", and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.