BURLINGAME, CA - June 21, 2005 -- The fate of China once again hangs in the balance this week as video gamers finally get their chance to play the landmark 10th edition of KOEI's Romance of the Three Kingdoms(r) video game series. Publisher KOEI is shipping the game today to retailers throughout North America. Romance of the Three Kingdoms X is available now exclusively on the PlayStation(r)2 computer entertainment system.
"The Romance of the Three Kingdoms video game series has been a particular favorite among the most dedicated gaming audience," said Amos Ip, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing for KOEI Corporation. "Romance of the Three Kingdoms X will entice simulation fans with over 650 playable characters, political debates, large-scale wars, breathtaking attention to detail, and many hours of addictive gameplay."
Consumers can order the game now at ebgames.com, gamestop.com and amazon.com.
About Romance of the Three Kingdoms X
The epic simulation begins after the beleaguered Chinese empire falls victim to a rebellious plot, and continues through over one hundred years of civil war. China's turbulent history is revealed in breathtaking detail as players take the roles of Ancient China's most extraordinary figures including peasant turned emperor Liu Bei, conqueror Cao Cao, the elite warrior Zhao Yun, and brilliant strategist Zhuge Liang. Key product features include:
* Players have the freedom to choose from an astonishing 650 playable characters or create up to 110 new officers.
* Social class, wide-ranging personalities, and events affect the personal life of your character. Choose from five ranks: Sovereign, Viceroy, Prefect, Vassal, or Free Officer.
* Become a diplomat and experience the significant political victories of the time. Debate with other officers and officials and master the politics of war.
* Acquire over 40 skills plus an array of new commands. Players can start a rogue army, fulfill civilian requests, vow an oath of brotherhood, dispatch spies, and much more.
* The constant threat of enemy campaigns adds a new level of tension! Regional conflicts escalate into large-scale wars as the fighting spreads. Players can build a massive army and launch full-scale campaigns against enemy forces.
* Over 200 dramatic events are viewed and interpreted differently by each character.
* As players progress through history, their game world grows and develops based on achievements, skills, and strategies. Detailed tutorials, a help function and convenient command explanations allow for trouble-free play.
* Score composed and conducted by Yoshihiro Ike (Dead Leaves, SD Gundam Force)
Developed by KOEI Co., Ltd, ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS X is produced by Kou Shibusawa. The game is for 1-8 players (offline) and is rated "T" (Mild Language, Mild Violence, Use of Alcohol) by the ESRB.
About KOEI Corporation
KOEI Corporation, the North American subsidiary of KOEI Co., Ltd. of Japan, established operations in 1988. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company is now in its seventeenth year and is recognized as a leading content provider in the highly competitive video game industry.
KOEI is respected worldwide as the premier brand for Strategy and Simulation games, and is the innovator of the Tactical Action genre. The company's Dynasty Warriors(r) series has generated more than 7 million units in sales worldwide, since its first release for the PlayStation game console in 1997.
KOEI develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems and personal computers. For fiscal 2004, KOEI posted worldwide revenues of $270 million. KOEI maintains operations in Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Canada, China, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. The company constantly seeks the fine balance between entertainment, technology, art and education. More information about KOEI's products can be found on the Internet at www.koei.com, www.koei.co.uk, and www.koei.co.jp.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Warriors and the KOEI logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of KOEI Co., Ltd. (c)2005 KOEI Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.