Leading computer software publisher Lighthouse Interactive and dtp Entertainment today released a new trailer for their highly anticipated psychological thriller adventure game, Overclocked: A History of Violence. The trailer reveals more of the game’s plot and introduces the other characters, including the five young patients, found wandering the streets of New York City, distraught, scared and screaming.
Created by award-winning developer House of Tales Entertainment, Overclocked is scheduled to release on May 2nd 2008 in the United Kingdom and Scandinavia, and began shipping to major retailers across Canada and the U.S. on March 31st 2008.
Overclocked explores violence, an archetypical yet actual condition of mankind. Players will become engrossed in a world where memories and illusions, dreams and reality and perpetrators and victims collide. Overclocked: A History of Violence is Windows® Vista™ compatible.
To download the trailer, visit: www.lighthouse-interactive.com
To find out more about Overclocked: A History of Violence and to keep up with the latest news on the game, visit www.lighthouse-interactive.com.
Set against the backdrop of a catastrophic thunderstorm raging over New York City, Overclocked allows you to step into the world of former army psychiatrist David McNamara. You are called to the Staten Island Forensic Hospital in New York City to consult on a case that requires your expertise in forensic psychiatry. Tasked with exploring the minds of five young men and women who were found scared, screaming, and without memory, you make alarming discoveries as you begin to cautiously probe the psyches of your young patients. Throughout the game, you will play as five other characters in this chilling interactive psycho thriller.
· Experience Overclocked from various perspectives as you play six different characters throughout the game
· Explore 45 diverse locations with densely animated pre-rendered settings
· Innovative storytelling techniques create a unique gameplay experience
· Meet and interact with a cast of intriguing characters, each with their own distinct personalities
· Characters come to life with fluid movements and realistic facial expressions created with EMotion™ FX 2 technology
· Cinematic cut-scenes designed using advanced camera techniques pioneered by feature films
· Exceptional visuals enhanced by shadow and shader effects, real-time atmospheric particle effects (rain, snow, lightening), and dynamic lighting
· Unique icon-based dialogue system
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Windows® 2000 / XP / Vista™
CPU: 1.3 GHz Intel® Pentium® or AMD® Athlon™ processor
RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended for Windows® Vista™)
Video: DirectX® 9-compliant video card Shader Model 1.1
PC DVD-ROM: 4x
Sound: DirectX® 9 compliant sound card
Available Hard Disk Space: 5 GB
Other: Mouse, Keyboard and Speakers
About dtp entertainment AG
dtp entertainment AG is Germany’s second biggest independent game publisher. With more than 80 employees at its Hamburg headquarters, the company is market leader for adventure games and children’s software, publishing games for all interactive entertainment platforms worldwide.
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a fast growing publisher of interactive entertainment with offices established in Toronto and Montreal in Canada, Haarlem in The Netherlands and London, England. The company is focused on bringing strong titles to the worldwide market across a number of genres, including RPG, simulation, adventure, action and strategy. Staffed by industry veterans, Lighthouse is the right choice for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience.