TORONTO – May 12, 2010 – Longbow Games today announced the release of its flagship Real-time Strategy (RTS) game Hegemony: Philip of Macedon. Six years in the making, Hegemony: Philip of Macedon is a strategy game that will appeal to gamers and history fans as it follows the story and conquests of Philip of Macedon, the father of Alexander the Great. The game is available for $29.99 from Longbow Games at: www.longbowgames.com.
“After six years we've finally released the game that we hoped it would be with the quality, gameplay and historical reverence that war gamers and RTS players demand,” said Jim McNally, CEO of Longbow Games. “Philip of Macedon was a great leader and in many ways paved the way for Alexander the Great to conquer the world. We know fans of the genre and those that have an interest in how Greece was conquered will enjoy the game.”
About Hegemony: Philip of Macedon
Hegemony: Philip of Macedon lets you conquer the ancient Greek world in this PC RTS war game that follows the rise of Philip of Macedon, father of Alexander the Great. Players campaign across a continuous satellite-accurate map of ancient Greece encountering the full range of warfare from reconnaissance to raids to field battles to mountain blockades. The game also features:
- Innovative supply system - Siege and starve the enemy by cutting their supply lines or burning their crops, all the while building and protecting your own supply network to support your growing empire.
- Steeped in history - In-game pedia and 100+ historical objectives recreate the rise of the Macedonian empire.
- Detailed and stylized world and map - Transition smoothly between the detailed 3D world and the stylized board-game map while maintaining complete control over your empire.
- Subjugate your enemy - Chase down and capture routed enemy units to create slave gangs to work your mines or build your forts. But don't leave them unguarded or they could rebel and wreak havoc in your empire's heartland!
- Conquer the seas - Build or capture a fleet of triremes to protect your coastlines, raid enemy merchants, or drop an army at your enemy's backdoor.
About Longbow Games
Longbow Games is a Toronto based developer and self-publisher dedicated to technically innovative and artistically unique games for the PC. Their latest project, Hegemony: Philip of Macedon signals a change in direction for the company as they explore new frontiers in the RTS genre. For more information, please visit: www.LongbowGames.com