IRVINE, Calif. (2013) – As part of an ongoing strategic partnership with Turn 10 Studios and the XBOX Forza franchise, Meguiar’s®, the world’s leader in car care, announced the upcoming release of the March Meguiar’s Car Pack for Forza Horizon.
The new car pack will be available on March 5 for download on the XBOX LIVE Marketplace, adding six cars for Forza Horizon players to collect, drive and customize with a 7th bonus car for Horizon Season Pass owners. Available for 400 Microsoft Points, the March Meguiar’s Car Pack brings a mix of rare exotics, modern street machines, and some racing collectibles. (Note: Season Pass owners can download the pack at no additional cost.) The March Meguiar’s Car Pack includes:
· 2013 Audi RS4 Avant – Featuring performance usually reserved for sport coupes, the RS4 Avant starts with a wide body, low stance and roof spoilers designed for attention. Throw in a direct-injected V8 capable of more than 400 hp, and you’ve got a wagon that can haul your family and a weekend’s worth of gear at speeds of up to 174 mph.
· 2013 BMW M135i – Filling in the gap for the out-of-production M Coupe, the M135i combines the comfort, styling, and road-gripping enthusiasm that you expect from an M-badged BMW with the day-to-day drivability of a standard model. The M135i will earn approving nods from the folks strolling down Main Street and will turn the heads of drivers as it disappears headlong into the horizon.
· 2012 Mercedes-Benz G65 AMG – A pinnacle of off-road performance, the G65 AMG has a price tag that’s nearly as staggering as the power delivered by its twin-turbo V12. Little wonder then, that Mercedes calls this “the most powerful series-produced cross-country vehicle in the world.” Take it for a spin along the back roads of Horizon’s Colorado and try to disagree.
· 2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale – Get behind the wheel of this track-bred beast from Maranello and prepare to exercise your grinning muscles. Based on the 360 Modena, the Challenge Stradale is lighter, more powerful, and more responsive. In other words, it’s more of what makes the Prancing Pony so special.
· 2004 Peugeot 206 RC – A hot hatch with French flair, the 206 RC borrows its two-liter power plant from the larger 306 line and brings a nimble sports suspension to conquer the twisting roads of Forza Horizon. While it’s a fine drive on tarmac, the 206 RC absolutely comes alive with rally upgrades, attacking those dusty bumps and curves with relish.
· 1998 Nissan R390 (FREE Download) – Its race-bred twin, the R390 GT1, took four of the top ten spots at the 1998 24 Hours of Le Mans. That’s just one of the reasons this carbon fiber masterpiece is highly valued by collectors and racers alike. The R390’s ample V8 delivers more than 550 hp of power in a body that weighs just over a ton. In short, it’s light, fast, and oh so much fun to drive. The R390 is this month’s free download sample car.
· 2010 Joss JT1 – Season Pass Bonus Car – A prototype with serious aerodynamic cred, the Joss JT1 is a fine choice for some high speed “Forza Horizon” cruising. In the real world, Joss fans expect the first production models to hit the streets this year; until then, see what’s in store for deep-pocketed speed freaks with the JT1.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with Turn 10 Studios and the Xbox 360 Forza Franchise. Collaborating with other like minded companies who find great joy in feeding the need of auto enthusiasts to collect, drive and customize cars of all types is something that we enjoy greatly,” said RJ De Vera, Meguiar’s Associate Director of Public Relations and Event Marketing. “Along with this pack, we plan on having special events throughout the month of March. These include a specialty car that was built in real life that will be gifted in digital form to Forza Horizon Players, multiple online challenge races, a Horizon photo contest, and the opportunity to win prizes from Turn 10, Meguiar’s, and a special auto manufacturer that will be announced soon. Together with our partners, we hope these events will continue to fuel the love of automotive fanatics and gaming fans around the globe.”
Meguiar’s will release more detailed information on the special events and reveal the participating automaker in the coming weeks.
See the cars in action and watch the trailer on YouTube at: www.youtube.com/user/Turn10Studios
For over 100 years, Meguiar's has provided Car Crazy people with specialized state-of-the-art formulations for making every car’s appearance show car perfect. Meguiar's provides high performance products for every automotive surface. For more information, please call Meguiar's at 800-347-5700 or visit Meguiar's at www.meguiars.com.
About Turn 10 Studios
“Forza Horizon” is developed by Playground Games and by Turn 10 Studios of Microsoft Studios, the creators of the Forza Motorsport franchise. “Forza Horizon” is now available anywhere games are sold. Car Packs are available individually or as part of the “Forza Horizon” Season Pass (4,000 MS Points), which also includes the Rally Expansion Pack. The game is rated “T” For Teen by the ESRB.