LONDON – 25 April, 2012 – The newest “Forza Motorsport 4” Car Pack will be available for download starting Tuesday 1 May on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, adding a new crop of cars for Forza players to collect, drive, and customise. Available for 560 Microsoft Points, the May Top Gear Car Pack has something for car fans of every stripe, from emblematic examples of 1970s American style and one of the fastest automobiles in the world; to one of the coolest off-road vehicles around and the world’s smallest production car. It’s a grab-bag of automotive excellence that can only be found in “Forza Motorsport 4.”
The May Top Gear Car Pack features the following 10 cars:
· 2012 Hennessey Venom GT – The Venom GT is ambition personified. Designed to beat the Bugatti Veyron’s 0-200 mph time, the car is defined by pure, unadulterated power. The result is impressive—the Venom reaches 0-200 mph in less time than it takes your average car to reach 0-60 mph.
· 1977 AMC Pacer X – Wayne and Garth never had it so good. With classic 70s style and a 232-cubic-inch, 3.8 liter, inline six, the Pacer X was modest on power, but its legacy lives on today. Take it for a ride in “Forza Motorsport 4,” preferably with “Bohemian Rhapsody” cranked nice and loud.
· 2011 Ford Transite SuperSportVan – The SuperSportVan is the latest creation in the long-standing series of Ford-built custom fans, which dates back to 1971. Designed to prove that Ford engineers know how to have fun, this version is a one-off design shown at a 2011 UK commercial vehicle show.
· 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon – The 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is by far the most comfortable and amenity-loaded Wrangler ever. It’s grittier too, with 40 percent more horsepower than older models, making this Jeep just as comfortable on the track as it is on the trails.
· 1966 Lotus Cortina – One of the first “race on Sunday, commute on Monday” factory cars, the Lotus Cortina built its reputation both on the tarmac and in folks’ daily lives. Packing 115-horsepower and weighing just over a ton, the Cortina can carry four people in relative comfort, but it’s most happy when being revved high and thrown into a corner with full gusto.
· 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 – The turbo-charged Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 is a treasured piece of JDM history. The VR-4 was sold in limited numbers and its four-wheel drive, four-wheel-steering handling highlights technology that caters to a driving experience matched only by much more expensive sedans.
· 2012 Smart ForTwo – The uncontested winner of the “easy to park” award, the Smart ForTwo is the first micro car to be introduced in the U.S. At just 106-inches long, the ForTwo is by far the smallest production car ever made. It’s a practical, urban errand runner whose looks will always spark a conversation.
· 1990 Subaru Legacy RS – Putting aside its smaller, quirkier wagons and sedans, Subaru brought new game to dealerships in 1990 with the Legacy RS. More substantial in nearly every respect, the Legacy RS Turbo was the most powerful Subaru model available and still enjoys a strong following among Subie enthusiasts.
· 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 – Packing a huge HEMI under its hood that makes for more than 450 horsepower, the Chrysler 300 SRT8 packs a potent combination of power and sophistication. The 300 will hit 0-60 in under five seconds and will nail the quarter mile in less than 13 seconds. It might not be what you expect from a Chrysler these days… and that’s precisely the point.
· 1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII – Hand-crafted beauty and grin-widening performance define the 1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII. With a 147-horsepower, six-cylinder overhead valve engine, the Healey--or “Squealy” as it was often called--delivers an exhilarating open-air ride and grippy cornering.
Hit the Road Today: “Forza Motorsport 4” is available in a Standard Edition (£49.99 ERP) and is rated PEGI 3.
You can follow us on Twitter @tweetbox360.
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a premier home entertainment and video game system. With the addition of Kinect, Xbox 360 will forever transform social gaming and entertainment with a whole new way to play — no controller required. Xbox 360 is also home to the best and broadest games as well as the largest on demand library of music, standard and high definition movies, TV shows and digital games, all in one place. The entertainment centre of the living room, Xbox 360 blends unbeatable content with a network of nearly 40 million Xbox LIVE members to create a limitless entertainment experience that can be shared at home or across the globe. More information about Xbox 360 can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/.
About Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE is the online entertainment service for your Xbox 360, connecting you to an ever expanding world of games, movies, music, sports and social entertainment. Xbox LIVE lets you play the best games, enjoy the largest on demand library on any console, listen to millions of songs and share the fun with friends around the world. Xbox LIVE is now also available on Windows Phone 7 putting the power of connected entertainment in the palm of your hand. Xbox LIVE is the exclusive home of controller free online entertainment through Kinect, making your Xbox 360 more intuitive and interactive than ever before. With an active community of nearly 40 million people across 35 countries, Xbox LIVE provides you with instant access to the entertainment you want, shared with the people you care about. More information about Xbox LIVE can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.