MENLO PARK, CA â€“ April 15, 2005 â€“ Xfire, Inc., the fastest growing online gaming platform and community, announced it is distributing the new 14-day trial version of â€œDark Age of Camelot,â€ to those of its 1.25 million users who have opted in to automatically receive game files.
Xfireâ€™s download system allows users to download patches, mods, demos, trailers, and other files to users via a closed peer-to-peer distribution system. Xfireâ€™s file download system offers the following benefits to gamers:
* Xfire users can download large game-related files at high speeds for free without waiting in queues.
* Xfire automatically detects when users are playing games and stops downloading in order to maximize game play experience.
* Xfire users can subscribe to channels (e.g., Real-Time Strategy Demos) for files that interest them. These users will automatically receive all new files that are placed in the channel.
â€œOur distribution of the new â€˜Dark Ages of Camelotâ€™ 14-day trial is yet another example of how Xfireâ€™s technology and services make it easier for gamers to check out great games,â€ said Mike Cassidy, CEO of Xfire, Inc. â€œGamers can now automatically obtain large gaming files securely and rapidly â€“ for free!â€
â€œWeâ€™re very excited to introduce â€˜Dark Age of Camelotâ€™ to Xfireâ€™s large and rapidly growing community of avid gamers,â€ commented Eugene Evans, VP of Marketing and Business Development at Mythic Entertainment. â€œThis new trial incorporates the latest in our graphics engine enhancements, plus the gameâ€™s completely revamped new-user tutorial. There has never been a better time to play â€˜Dark Age of Camelot,â€™ and the trial version is an ideal way to discover the compelling nature of an MMORPG.â€
Over the past year, Xfire has simplified gaming by launching the following features:
* Friend List for Gamers â€“ Xfire users can see when their friends are online and what games they are currently playing.
* One-Click Join â€“ Xfire users can see what games their friends are playing and use the one-click join feature to play alongside their friends instantly.
* Xfire In-Game Messaging â€“ Xfire users can send and receive instant messages while playing in many games without having to minimize or Alt-Tab out of the game.
* Stats Tracking â€“ Through automatically updated player profiles, Xfire displays what games users are playing and how many hours they have played them.
* Game Server Browser - Xfireâ€™s server browser allows users to choose a game server to join without running a separate application. Xfire also keeps track of gamersâ€™ most recently visited servers, favorite servers, and even friendsâ€™ favorite servers.
To download Xfire for free, please visit http://www.xfire.com. Xfire is supported by advertisers and marketers trying to reach the age 18-34 male audience.
Xfire currently supports over 250 game titles, including: â€œAmerica's Army: Special Forces,â€ â€œBattlefield 1942,â€ â€œBattlefield Vietnam,â€ â€œCall of Duty,â€ â€œCounter-Strike,â€ â€œDark Age of Camelot,â€ â€œDark Age of Camelot â€“ Shrouded Isles,â€ â€œDiablo,â€ â€œDiablo II,â€ â€œDOOM 3,â€ â€œDungeon Siege,â€ â€œEverQuest,â€ â€œFinal Fantasy XI,â€ â€œHalo,â€ â€œLineage,â€ â€œLineage II,â€ â€œMedal of Honor Allied Assault,â€ â€œMeridian 59,â€ â€œNeverwinter Nights,â€ â€œPlanetSide,â€ â€œQuake,â€ â€œQuake III Arena,â€ â€œStarcraft,â€ â€œThe Temple of Elemental Evil,â€ â€œUnreal Tournament,â€ â€œUnreal Tournament 2003,â€ â€œUnreal Tournament 2004,â€ â€œWarcraft III,â€ â€œWolfenstein â€“ Enemy Territory,â€ â€œWorld of Warcraft,â€ â€œXEvil,â€ and many more.
Xfire, Inc. (www.xfire.com) is the fastest growing online gaming platform and community in the world. Xfire helps gamers play with their friends much more easily. Xfire is also a server browser, IM, and file download system designed just for gamers. Xfire has over 1.25 million members in over 100 countries. The company was founded by Dennis "Thresh" Fong (World Champion of Quake) and Mike Cassidy (former CEO of Direct Hit). Xfire is funded by Draper Fisher Jurvetson and NEA.
About Mythic Entertainment
Mythic Entertainment is one of the most successful developers and publishers of massively-multiplayer online role-playing games in the world. Credited with 15 online games, including the award winning â€œDark Age of Camelot,â€ Mythicâ€™s success is based in proprietary technology, superior game design and exemplary customer service delivered by a talented staff of more than 160 people. â€œDark Age of Camelotâ€ is played throughout the world in seven languages. It was launched in Japanese in January 2005, and in April 2005 became the first international MMO localized for Spain.