NCSOFT® and ArenaNet are excited to release the second major content update within three months since launch for Guild Wars 2 this week, entitled The Lost Shores. Arriving November 15, the update brings many new features to the game and will be highlighted by a multi-stage, one-time event that will forever change the world of Guild Wars 2.
Following the hugely successful multi-stage mystery of the recent Halloween event, the Lost Shores update continues ArenaNet’s tradition of delivering regular content, compelling events, and unequalled ease of access in its regular game releases, all subscription-free. The Lost Shores update is a mini-expansion worth of new content that brings players an unprecedented amount of new areas to explore, challenges to conquer and goals to achieve. This is all punctuated with a massive one-time event that will change Tyria forever.
In addition to numerous improvements and additions across the entirety of the game, major features that players can look forward to include:
· A mysterious zone to explore, accessible to all players regardless of level
· A challenging new dungeon to conquer
· A new PvP map set within a Kodan dojo
· New gear to acquire, ranging from additional weapons skins to item enhancements to an additional tier of items between Exotic and Legendary.
· Crafting updates including a new resource to harvest and 200 new recipes
· A one-time in-game event that will forever leave its mark on the world of Tyria, starting Friday, November 16 and ending Monday, November 19.
Play with Friends
To make it easier than ever for friends to share in the mystery and epic events of the Lost Shores update, Guild Wars 2 will be opening its doors for a refer-a-friend trial period. Starting today, players who have already purchased the game will be able to invite up to three friends to join a free trial period from November 15-18.
Additionally, the update also brings guesting to Guild Wars 2, allowing players to explore Tyria with friends on a different server free of charge, without the need for a home world transfer.
For more information about this massive update and the one-time event, please see the timing information below and visit https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/releases/november-2012/
Timing of The Lost Shores event is as follows:
· Thursday, November 15, 18:00 CET (17:00 GMT) – Free trial period begins, update build is released
· Friday, November 16, 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT) – One-time Lost Shores event begins
· Sunday, November 18, 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT) – Final event stage begins
· Monday, November 19, 07:00 CET (06:00 GMT) – One-time event and free trial weekend ends
NCSOFT, headquartered in Seoul, Korea, is the world's premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games, including the critically acclaimed Aion®, Lineage®, and Guild Wars franchises. NCSOFT West is a division of NCSOFT that holds operating responsibilities for North America, Europe, South America, and Australia/New Zealand. More information can be found at www.ncsoft.com.
About Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2 is a visually stunning MMO that offers players the epic grandeur of a massive role playing environment combined with innovative combat mechanics, dynamic events, and customised personal storytelling. Building on the success of Guild Wars, NCSOFT and game developer ArenaNet have created an MMO that lets gamers play the way they want, while at the same time retaining the no-subscription-fee business model that made the original Guild Wars so popular. For more information about Guild Wars 2, visit www.guildwars2.com.