NEW YORK – March 1st, 2010 – Paradox Interactive today announced the pre-order program for AGEOD’s upcoming 18th-Century strategy game, Rise of Prussia, which gives gamers a 75% discount on AGEOD’s acclaimed Birth of America 2. The discount is extended to anyone who purchases Rise of Prussia via most participating digital distributors, including GamersGate.
Rise of Prussia is also on track for release on the 9th of March via the most major digital distributors. In addition Paradox has released a new gameplay trailer displaying off the detailed game map.
See the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Yp6ALOp3o
Rise of Prussia Features:
• Over 100 new leaders with individual portraits, and 300 types ofunits
o 10 Scenarios:
o 1 Battle Scenario Saxony 1756 to enter the game
o 6 Annual Campaigns Scenarios, for each year between 1757 and 1763
o 1 Grand Campaign Scenario 1756-1763
o 2 Tutorial Scenarios
• Map covering all of Germany and surrounding vicinity, with over 1,000 different regions offering plenty of room for manoeuvering
• New events and a wide set of options for you to customize your strategy
• Streamlined command system based on the hierarchy system seen in American Civil War and Napoleon’s Campaigns, allowing for historical army command, organization, and structure
• Brand new system for recruiting units, allowing players to choose and purchase forces during the annual and grand campaigns
• New system of historical events, allowing multiple-choice events and answers, enhancing flexibility and increasing replayability
• Additional interface helpers introduced to ease player interaction with the game, like the new Army Outliner system
• New functionalities to find your armies and see your supplies and assets
• Advanced AI
• Widely extended manual and player aid
For more info, visit www.paradoxplaza.com
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2. Paradox stands poised to make an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.
AGEOD was founded in 2005 by industry veterans Philippe Thibaut (original designer of historical strategy games Europa Universalis™, Pax Romana™, Great Invasions™ and World War One™) and Philippe Malacher (creator of the AGE engine). Since its start, AGEOD has released the famous turn-based strategy titles Birth of America™, AGEOD's American Civil War™, Napoleon's Campaigns™, War in America™ and, on a different engine World War One, 1914-1918™. AGEOD's main goal is to offer players original cultural and gaming creations based on precise and serious research, with first emphasis placed on historical strategy games with original and innovative features. www.ageod.com