DUBLIN, Ireland — March 20, 2012—PopCap Games, the worldwide leader in casual video games, today announced plans to launch Zuma’s Revenge!™ for Xbox LIVE ®, Zuma’s Revenge! will deliver exclusive new game modes such as Boss Rush and Weekly Challenge as well as an all-new player progression system via Spirit Animal companions. The digital game will be available globally (in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese) as an Arcade product launching this summer for 800 Microsoft Points.
“With well over 20 million game units sold to date, and following the successful launch of four new Zuma titles this year on several leading mobile and handheld devices, the franchise has never been more in demand,” noted Van Riker, Zuma franchise marketing manager at PopCap.
"The PopCap team has done an amazing job of enhancing the level of challenge, game features and customizations with this latest version of Zuma's Revenge!, which we believe make it a must for Xbox players."
Zuma’s Revenge! for Xbox LIVE, will include the following new and innovative game features:
- Extend your gameplay experience in the new and exclusive Boss Rush and Weekly Challenge game modes
- Enjoy updated 2012 gameplay: No more lives, no more checkpoints and no more game over
- Discover and befriend 4 all-new Spirit Animal companions
- Earn Spirit Badges on every level and use them to power up your Spirit Animals
- Dominate your friends on a whopping 74 leaderboards
- Experience remastered HD graphics
- Unlock 20 Xbox LIVE achievements
- Flaunt 2 tiki-themed awards for your Xbox LIVE avatar
PopCap Games is the leading global developer, publisher and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across PC, mobile, social and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000, was acquired by Electronic Arts in 2011, and has a worldwide staff of more than 600 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, B.C., Dublin, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo. PopCap's games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship franchise, Bejeweled®, has sold more than 50 million units.
# # #
Zuma, Zuma’s Revenge! and PopCap are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc.