Barely one month before the official launch of WRC 3, the new and much awaited racing title developed and published by Milestone, new challenges and the boss battles have been announced for the career mode. Created as special events, where the goal is to master a specific game mechanics.
The challenges will include:
• Drift Contest: Coloured poles are positioned along the road and the driver is awarded points to drift the car as near to them as possible.
• Rally School Contest: The player has to race on a section of a Special Stage trying to keep the car inside the cones.
• Crash & Run: Negotiate with the tracks hitting the bonus points and avoiding the minus points.
• Gate Contest: Reach the finish line avoiding obstacles along the track. Obstacles consist of a series of gates, some of them fake which can be easily destroyed and others that are far thicker, slowing the car down when hit. Every gate has an indicator that shows if it's a fake or not. However, the indicator is only activated when the player is very close. It's all about speed and reflexes!
• Survival Contest: Your car will degrade as the clock counts down, the only way to pass the challenge is to reach the finish line as fast as possible whilst passing over Repair Kits that will give the car a bit of health back.
• Top Rally Contest: The player races through a Special Stage driving to beat his opponent who is in a "Special Vehicle". Beat the vehicle to earn the highest points.
• Combo Contest: Mixes two or more mechanics from the other challenges.
Finally, the Boss Battle – in total 7 – will try the players abilities through a special head to head mode. They will have the chance to race against the boss driver of the track trying to reach the first position. This final stage race will allow access to the next track on the career mode.
Sébastien Pellicano, Milestone's Game Director affirmed,
"This year we've decided to make WRC 3 more accessible to players who are new to the franchise, through a brand new career mode. We can assure hardcore gamers that this won't change the nature of the WRC license itself. Plus we strongly believe that these new contents will offer a more dynamic experience to all the players who relish in the authenticity of WRC 3".
Developed and published by Milestone, WRC 3 will be available on the 12th of October 2012 for Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3, PC and PlayStation®Vita.
WRC 3 is available for pre-order now from the following retailers: Amazon, GAME, Play.com and Zavvi.
Discuss WRC3 on Twitter using the #WRC3
or www.wrcthegame.com for more information.
Follow the official Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/wrcthegame
Check out the video on the official WRC 3 Youtube channel via the following link: http://www.youtube.com/wrcthegame
Founded in Milan in 1996, Milestone S.r.l. is the biggest Italian videogames developer and it is recognized worldwide as a leading Studio specialized in racing titles. In 2002 Milestone S.r.l. became part of the Leader Group. The company is unique in the Italian scenario thanks to an obsessive desire for quality combined with an elaborate attention to detail which have always been the trademarks and philosophy of the company. SBK® Superbike World Championship series and the official game of the World Rally Championship represent two clear examples. For more information please visit www.milestone.it
Widely regarded as the most challenging motor sport competition in the world, the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) puts cars and drivers in a series of two, three or four-day events through some of the toughest, and most varied, conditions on the planet. The roads on this epic motor sport adventure range from the ice and snow of Scandinavia to the stifling heat of Greece – over surfaces including packed ice, smooth asphalt and boulder-strewn rocky tracks. Established in its current format in 1973, in 2012 drivers and manufacturers – including Citroën, Ford and MINI - will battle for the annual driver and manufacturer championship trophies on rallies spread across 13 countries. For more information about the WRC visit www.wrc.com
About the Platforms
" ", "PlayStation", "PS3" and "" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "" is a trademark of the same company. Also, "" is a trademark of the same company. "" is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation. Trademarks are property of their respective owners.
PQube is a publisher, distributor and service provider for the interactive entertainment industry with a global reach from its UK offices in Letchworth and Doncaster and European network.
Publishing and distributing games, consoles and accessories and covering all major formats and digital channels, PQube has established a track record of success and together with its key partners handles several major franchises in the UK and European markets including BlazBlue, History Channel Great Battles, Arcana Heart, MX Mud, SBK, CrashTime, Persona 4 Arena as well as Sega, Sonic, Street Fighter 2 and Atari retro console ranges.
Through its services division PQube offers business development, marketing and PR services together with a range of support services including web design, e-commerce, production, and fulfilment solutions. For more information visit www.pqube.co.uk