Today Rain Games team has released the first public playable demo of Teslagrad, the magnetic puzzle-sidescroller adventure which will be released this fall. The demo, available by direct download for Windows, Linux and MAC OSX, allows you to dive into the secrets kept in the Teslagrad Tower. This first public build features the first steps of the adventure, a final boss fight, and perhaps even certain clues about the legendary struggle between the ancient Teslamancers, and the wrath of an embittered king.
Direct Download link: http://www.desura.com/games/teslagrad/download/4734
Installation through Desura Client: http://www.desura.com/games/teslagrad
In addition to this we'd like to celebrate the demo launch inviting you all to an exciting competition. For this purpose, we've hidden nine secret scrolls within the darkest nooks of the Tesla Tower. We challenge you to find them, and therefore discover more about the Elektropian History and the past of the misterious main character. Only few will find those nine pieces, and just the best will do it in a record time. Fierce Teslamancers, take part on the Speedrun Tourney whose details you can read here! (including rules and prizes):
Teslagrad will be available this fall for PC, Wii U and PlayStation 3.
- Complex puzzles! Put your sense of logic to the test and cleverly manipulate the world around you using electricity and magnetism, the lifeblood of the game. Puzzles will range from “pff, that wasn't so bad” to keyboard-smashing, controller-chewing frustration.
- Explore! Make your way through rich 2D hand-drawn surroundings as you journey into — and beyond— Tesla Tower, as you discover and use amazing new items.
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those words in your video games? Have no fear, Teslagrad features not a single snippet of text or squeak of dialogue. Everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don't see).
- Steampunk powered! Discover a dystopic and mind-blowing rainy-and-brainy setting, presenting a steampunk vision of an old Europe-inspired new world.
- Old-school boss fights! Use your skills and wits to overcome the 5 incredible final bosses eager to demagnetize you.
- No disruptions! That means no loading screens, no GUI, no cutscenes. Just the game and you.
- Mesmerizing soundtrack! Awesome mix of classical orchestra, with a touch of Russian inspiration and a myriad of metal bit and electrical stuff.
Rain AS is an Indie video game developer based in Bergen, Norway. Founded in 2010, we are a relatively young company, growing forth from a cooperative community of local artists and programmers. The games we produce are small, smart, simple and elegantly designed. Being comprised of people who all enjoy many different aspects of gaming allows us to blend these different elements together until we find something that sticks, all in the name of creating an enjoyable video game experience. Everyone on our team is passionate about gaming, and strive to create games that are not only fun, but challenging.
Do you have any question? Want to tell us something? Please go and reach us out, it will be our pleasure to get in touch with you! Rain Games will attend the PAX Prime on Seattle (August 30th), don't forget to visit us and play the fresh Teslagrad build!