Hamburg, 23.07.2012 – Good news for Awesomenauts players! Today the brand new awesomenauts Coco and Derpl enter the fray in the extensive update that has gone live for all players - for free. Just log on and enjoy all the gameplay buffs. Apart from the two brand new Awesomenauts the update als contains lots of balance tweaks and some connectivity fixes that players longed for, as well as additional prestige levels.
Awesomenauts launched two months ago and lets players team up and blast each other in a 2D-sidescrolling universe that features the style of the comics of the 80’s. Since then, tons of gamers have discovered the delights of dominating enemy players and structures with mines, lasers, grenades, bullets, lightning swords, whirlwinds and more. And now even more ways to defeat the enemy team have been added, using the new characters and items.
The new characters are called Coco Nebulon and Derpl Zork. Coco Nebulon is the first female Awesomenaut. With her psycho-electric melee abilities, lightning trails and detonatable lightning ball she will be a fierce enemy for the boys. Derpl Zork meanwhile, is the nephew of the president of Zork Industries. But Derpl lacks his uncle's business-smarts. In fact he lacks any kind of smarts: his IQ is even rated under the level of plankton in the official galaxial IQ test. His transforming combat walker more than makes up for it, though.
Awesomenauts is currently available on PSN ($9,99) and XBLA (800MSP) and with the patch it will become even better.
• 3 on 3 online platforming shooter action with bright 80's cartoon style
• 8 very unique and highly customisable characters, each with their own attacks and skills
• Online and offline play with up to 3 players on a single console using splitscreen
• Full drop in drop out support with bots and humans being swapped where needed
• Strong MOBA influences, classes, upgrades, creeps, turrets, bases, tactical depth, etc.
• Advanced matchmaking options, which allow you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
• Unlock more than 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
• Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!
PlayStation Network is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. LIVE Arcade is a registered trademark of the Microsoft group of companies.
Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.