London (10th May 2010) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces new DLC content “The World of Recycled Vessel” for the Action-RPG NIER®. This additional content for NIER, whose unique content, characters and hidden, twisting storyline has transfixed gamers and media alike, will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from 11th May and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system from 12th May.
Nothing is as it seems in NIER, set in a crumbling world plagued by disease and dark, unrecognisable creatures. Players assume the role of the unyielding protagonist, Nier, resolute in his quest to discover a cure for his daughter, infected with the Black Scrawl disease. With powerful allies and a mysterious book by his side, Nier encounters things that will confound even the mightiest warrior.
Players are invited to unravel more mysteries in The World of Recycled Vessel, when the pages of a diary open a gate to a strange world that mixes past and present. Engage in 15 nightmarish battles to unlock bonus costumes, weapons – and a special quest that challenges you to destroy your woolliest adversaries!
Larry Sparks, Vice President Brands PAL Region of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “NIER offers action-filled gameplay and a memorably shocking storyline. We’re very pleased to be able to offer – The World of Recycled Vessel – content that rewards players with new battles and challenges to face, expanding the world of NIER and offering lots more surprises.”
About “The World of Recycled Vessel”
The diary entries of Nier’s wife became stranger and stranger as the Black Scrawl took hold of her body and edged her mind towards madness. “Recycled Vessel. Severance. Penance. Aberrance. Sufferance. Acceptance. Disturbance. Hindrance. Defiance. Forbearance. Intolerance. Vengeance. Repentance. Radiance. Extravagance. Malignance. Vigilance. Obeisance. Dominance. Allegiance. Resistance. Discordance. Petulance. Misguidance. Deliverance.”
What mysterious power draws Nier and Weiss into a twisted amalgam of his past and present? Play as young Nier, conquer 15 difficult challenge levels to unlock two sets of alternate costumes for Nier, Emil and Kainé, three powerful weapons that only a “Fool” would miss out on, enjoy new music unique to The World of Recycled Vessel and a bonus quest that challenges you to destroy your woolliest adversaries!
The World of Recycled Vessel is priced at €6.99 and 560 MSP
The latest offering from the RPG-masters at Square Enix, NIER is an “Action-RPG” that blends traditional RPG gameplay mechanics with intense, bloody combat and powerful magic to create an action-packed single-player experience where players explore and discover a future lost to a shadowy past.
Developed by cavia inc, NIER delivers on Square Enix’s renowned pedigree for creating unique and twisting storylines coupled with deep character development – a pedigree that has kept gamers around the world enraptured for decades.
Players jump into the title role of the unyielding Nier as he begins his desperate quest to discover a cure for his daughter, Yonah, who is stricken with the deadly Black Scrawl disease. Armed with powerful magic as well as mighty swords, Nier will battle alongside formidable allies against waves of dark enemies and giant bosses to discover the truth about the disease, his daughter…and himself.
For more information about NIER please visit the official website at www.niergame.com
• The latest action adventure from Square Enix: NIER, the newest franchise from RPG masters Square Enix, delivers unique and memorable characters, intense action-packed battles, explosive magic and storytelling...
• Unbelievable Story Twists and Reveals: Immerse in an amazingly intricate storyline set in a world plagued by human anguish, buried secrets and a ravaging disease. With plot twists hiding around every corner, NIER’s story needs to be seen to be believed.
• RPG-Style Gameplay Injected With Action-Packed Combat: Battle ferocious and mysterious enemies by combining proven RPG-style gameplay, such as magic, character development and faithful allies, with action-focused explosive swordplay and combat.
• Powerful Magical Abilities: When his sword isn’t enough, Nier can call on a remarkable array of stylish and powerful spells to augment his combat moves and overcome adversaries. As players progress, upgraded spells will help defeat ever-more-deadly enemies.
• Brutal Combat Moves: Face off against evil creatures and unleash brutal combat moves along with devastating combo attacks. Unlock an arsenal of devastating weapons, each with its own design and attack style.
• Formidable Allies: Travel with a dynamic party of allies and do battle against monstrous giants as a powerful and united party.
• An Imaginative and Stunning World: Travel across an unforgettable world filled with varied landscapes featuring the hauntingly familiar remains of modern society.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd., a part of Square Enix Europe business unit, is a London-based wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world. Square Enix Ltd. publishes and distributes entertainment content from the Square Enix Group including Square Enix, Eidos and Taito in Europe and other PAL territories. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as IO Interactive, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix Group boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 96 million units worldwide, DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 53 million units worldwide and TOMB RAIDER® which has sold over 35 million units worldwide, together with other well established products.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com