CALABASAS HILLS, CA, November 11, 2004 – THQ Inc. (Nasdaq: THQI) and Relic Entertainment Inc. today announced plans to support the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War mod community. Dawn of War continues to rank among the top 10 PC titles worldwide since its September release. The roll-out begins today now that a beta version of the complete tool set is available to fans. Enhancements to these tools are expected to be released over the next several months.
“We are happy to be able to support the growing Dawn of War community beginning with the beta release of our entire tool set,” said Ron Moravek, general manager, Relic Entertainment. “These tools will allow the community to create their own maps and customized armies, providing additional content for everyone in the Dawn of War universe to enjoy.”
The mod tools include:
• Mission Editor – players can create single-player and multi-player maps using existing content
• Attribute Editor – players can modify the characteristics of units in the game, and define the characteristics of new units or abilities
• Object Editor – players can hook up animation, visual and audio effects to units
• 3dsmax Exporter – players can export models from 3dsmax 5.1 for use in the game
• FX Tool – players can create new visual effects for units, weapons, abilities, etc.
• Audio Tool – players can apply characteristics to audio assets created using external audio authoring tools, and export them in the proprietary file format required by the Dawn of War engine
• Single-player SCAR Content – players will have access to SCAR tutorial files; SCAR is the scripting language used to drive behavior and events in the single-player game
For more information about Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War and mod community support, please visit www.dawnofwargame.com.
About Games Workshop
Games Workshop is the world's largest tabletop wargames company. Based in Nottingham, UK, it designs, manufactures and distributes its range of Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 games, miniature soldiers, novels, comics and resin models through more than 300 of its own Hobby centers, mail order, Internet and independent retail channels in more than 50 countries worldwide. Further details on the company can be obtained at www.games-workshop.com.
About Relic Entertainment
Founded in 1997 and acquired by THQ in 2004, Relic Entertainment Inc. is a leader in the development of innovative real-time strategy games for the PC. Relic's first title, "Homeworld" (1999) was received to widespread acclaim, garnering several "Game of the Year" and "Strategy Game of the Year" awards from major industry publications including PC Gamer and Computer Gaming World. Since then, Relic has released "Homeworld: Cataclysm" (2000, co-developed with Barking Dog Studios), "Impossible Creatures" (2003), and "Homeworld 2" (2003). Today, Relic is building on this legacy by developing multiple ground-breaking projects in the RTS genre. Relic, Relic Entertainment and the Relic logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Relic Entertainment Inc.
THQ Inc. is a leading, worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for a variety of hardware platforms including PC CD-ROM, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., Nintendo and Microsoft. The THQ web site is located at www.thq.com. THQ and the THQ logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of THQ Inc.