GOTLAND, SWEDEN – July, 18h 2013 – ThreeGates, an independent game development studio focused on Action Role-Playing Games, and Green Man Gaming, one of the world's fastest growing online games retailers, today announced that Legends of Aethereus is now available for pre-order, exclusively via Green Man Gaming. Legends of Aethereus can be picked up over the next couple of weeks for $24.99 at: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/legends-aethereus/
"Months ago we met the team from Green Man Gaming and we quickly realized that it is the perfect lead platform to bring Legends of Aethereus to core PC gamers,” said Don Geyer, CEO of ThreeGates. “The game will be live in a couple weeks, but for now the pre-order is in effect and gamers can pick it up before we go to the full $29.99 launch price.”
“ThreeGates built a fun and exciting role-playing game that we believe is a great fit for our passionate PC gaming audience,” said Darren Cairns, EVP Marketing at Green Man Gaming. “Exclusives like Legends of Aethereus demonstrate our continued commitment to independent game developers that are in search of frictionless digital distribution for their titles.”
About Legends of Aethereus
The planet of Aethereus is an ancient and mysterious world filled with majestic forests, misty swamps, deep caves and ancient ruins. Devastated by three large astronomical events, the Three Great Skyfalls, it is a world just coming out of chaos and ruin. The recent unearthing of The Gauldron Tablets has revealed the existence of The Seven Ancient Skyfall Relics. The promise of unlimited power for those who possess the objects has led to a frenzied search across all of Aethereus. As a member of the Nexus City-State, one of the last bastions of freedom and hope on Aethereus, you will be entrusted with the critical undertaking of procuring The Ancient Skyfall Relics. Standing in your way are the Serpentica Shamans of Ghalia and the hordes of Khagal Tribes they control as well as the oppressive Venatan Empire forces led by the notorious General Zhorgal. Join forces in online multiplayer cooperative expeditions as the Inventor or Officer while you embark on a variety of story driven hand-crafted expedition levels and explore the wilderness through a variety of procedurally generated exploration quests. Design and build new gear and weapons while you develop your character across a diverse and expansive skill tree allowing for a multitude of character strategies.
• High action RPG with up to four player co-op or single player and a variety of PvP and PvE game types
• Physics-based combat system focused on player control including realistic Shock Force calculations to scatter your enemies. Whether it is from massive explosions or monstrous melee strikes, they are going to fly!
• A wide variety of Officer Skills that allow you to create your own unique strategies from a heroic tank to a stealthy ninja, a few examples of which are: Specialty Melee Attacks, Defensive Emplacements, Carnal Strength, Punji Sticks, Inspiring Chants, Defensive Hymns and Javelins
• The Inventor Skills include powerful explosives and crafty contraptions such as: Bombards, Sticky Bombs, Sachels, Turrets, Chinese Lanterns and Rockets, all of which can be powered by a variety of aethergems (in-game gems) altering their effects
• Create and customize your own character using a dynamic character creator system, then distribute points in a bilaterally balanced attribute system to start down your path to greatness
• Customize your City using the Statue-Maker, Banner Creator, City Painter and other customization features that allow you to personalize your own city environment as well as your player apartment
• Master Craftsman: With a massive crafting and materials system you can forge not hundreds, not Thousands, but literally Millions of different combinations of gear and weapons
• Arena Combat: Invite your friends or enemies to a wide variety of PVP and PVE game types in your own city arena. Unlock new arena maps as well as special features such as: traps, enemy spawners, stationary weapons and cages that you can add to your arena maps or combat training area
ThreeGates was formed in late 2010 by a group of people who all have years of experience in the game industry. The team has worked in the games field; as game designers, graphic artists, programmers, event producers, marketers and educators, in other constellations and on other projects, but always with the same drive and passion. Now they’ve teamed up with a common goal: to make great games. ThreeGates’ strengths are a tight-knit team, the ability to move fast, willingness to work hard and a drive for excellence. For more information, please visit: www.threegates.se
About Green Man Gaming and Playfire
Founded in 2010, Green Man Gaming (GMG) is the leading UK-based digital retailer for PC games, selling more than 2,500 titles from 180 publishing partners in over 190 countries around the world. In July 2012, GMG extended the consumer offer further, launching online retail sales of PC-DVD, Xbox and PS3 games in the UK, as well as consoles and peripherals, offering even more choice to the gaming market. GMG followed this with the launch of trade-in and pre-owned sales in the UK in early June 2013 for Xbox 360 and PS3 games. Other available markets for this service will be announced in due course.
In July 2012, GMG acquired Playfire, a huge and vibrant global social network of core gamers. This service allows consumers to automatically track their in-game achievements, trophies and gameplay, as well as follow other gamers' achievements and conversations about the games they love. With over 900m game data points registered by the large global network of gamers and 1.5 billion achievements and trophies won, Playfire has become a vital part of GMG's focus on the core gaming audience.
GMG has already operated a unique platform (patent-pending) for managing digital game trade-in and resale since 2010.
Follow Green Man Gaming on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/greenmangaming
Become a Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/greenmangaming