GOTLAND, SWEDEN – October 17, 2013 – ThreeGates, an independent game development studio focused on Action Role-Playing Games, today released a second update for Legends of Aethereus, a co-op action RPG (http://store.steampowered.com/app/248410/). The game is currently live and the studio is updating the game to lower the hardware requirements, optimize the title for lower spec PCs and make it so players have the best experience possible while experiencing the unique combat and deep crafting systems.
"Some members of the community have not been able to experience the game as we intended and we are working hard to make sure they can enjoy the game as much as they should,” said Don Geyer, CEO of ThreeGates. “Legends of Aethereus is trying to do some very different things within the RPG genre in terms of combat and crafting. We know that the community will appreciate the update, which is the first of many, and also understand that RPG fans will be interested in experiencing something very different than other games they have played before. We welcome feedback on the forums and are already working on the next update which will improve upon what we’re delivering today.”
· Lowered the overall RAM required for both expeditions and in Nexus
· Smoothed out frame freezes in the main menu
· Smoothed out frame freezes while looting and in combat
· Custom music play cycle in loading screens
· Custom wave music in Last Stand
· Portraits for guards and custom NPCs in Nexus
· New sounds for the boggards & dusk runners
· Enemy parry and repel sound
· Fixed an issue where certain combinations of buffs would scale each other
· Fixed an issue where no health bar was displayed on Aether Generators.
· Fixed an issue where null errors would occur if you destroyed the Death Gem.
· Fixed an issue where you could break the final Obatymos Quest by destroying the Aether Generators prior to inspecting the Wall.
· Fixed collision issues in Nexus
· Fixed trade window issues
· Fixed skill highlight issues
· Fixed various expedition bugs
· Fixed various achievement bugs
Known Issue: Linux
Players need libsteam_api.so to be in your lib folder to be available to unlock steam achievement.
Players can find libsteam_api.so in Legend Of Aethereus folder ( run “sudo cp /home/[username]/.local/share/
About Legends of Aethereus
The planet of Aethereus is an ancient and mysterious world filled with majestic forests, misty swamps, deep caves and ancient ruins. Devastated by three large astronomical events, the Three Great Skyfalls, it is a world just coming out of chaos and ruin. The recent unearthing of The Gauldron Tablets has revealed the existence of The Seven Ancient Skyfall Relics. The promise of unlimited power for those who possess the objects has led to a frenzied search across all of Aethereus.
As a member of the Nexus City-State, one of the last bastions of freedom and hope on Aethereus, you will be entrusted with the critical undertaking of procuring The Ancient Skyfall Relics. Standing in your way are the Serpentica Shamans of Ghalia and the hordes of Khagal Tribes they control as well as the oppressive Venatan Empire forces led by the notorious General Zhorgal.
Join forces in online multiplayer cooperative expeditions as the Inventor or Officer while you embark on a variety of story driven hand-crafted expedition levels and explore the wilderness through a variety of procedurally generated exploration quests.
Design and build new gear and weapons while you develop your character across a diverse and expansive skill tree allowing for a multitude of character strategies.
· High action RPG with up to four player co-op or single player and a variety of PvP and PvE game types
· Physics-based combat system focused on player control including realistic Shock Force calculations to scatter your enemies. Whether it is from massive explosions or monstrous melee strikes, they are going to fly!
· Arena Combat: Invite your friends or enemies to a wide variety of PvP and PvE game types in your own city arena. Unlock new arena maps as well as special features such as: traps, enemy spawners, stationary weapons and cages that you can add to your arena maps or combat training area
· Officer Skills that allow you to create your own unique strategies from a heroic tank to a stealthy ninja, a few examples of which are: Specialty Melee Attacks, Defensive Emplacements, Carnal Strength, Punji Sticks, Inspiring Chants, Defensive Hymns and Javelins
· The Inventor Skills include powerful explosives and crafty contraptions such as: Bombards, Sticky Bombs, Satchels, Turrets, Chinese Lanterns and Rockets, all of which can be powered by a variety of aethergems (in-game gems) altering their effects
· Create and customize your own character using a dynamic character creator system, then distribute points in a bilaterally balanced attribute system to start down your path to greatness
· Customize your City using the Statue-Maker, Banner Creator, City Painter and other customization features that allow you to personalize your own city environment as well as your player apartment
· Master Craftsman: With a massive crafting and materials system you can forge not hundreds, not thousands, but literally Millions of different combinations of gear and weapons
ThreeGates was formed in late 2010 by a group of people who all have years of experience in the game industry. The team has worked in the games field; as game designers, graphic artists, programmers, event producers, marketers and educators, in other constellations and on other projects, but always with the same drive and passion. Now they’ve teamed up with a common goal: to make great games. ThreeGates’ strengths are a tight-knit team, the ability to move fast, willingness to work hard and a drive for excellence. For more information, please visit: www.threegates.se
Follow Legends of Aethereus on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AethereusGame
Become a Fan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aethereusgame