GOTLAND, SWEDEN – September 8, 2011 – ThreeGates today released new in-game video footage of Aethereus, its forthcoming co-op multiplayer action Role-Playing Game (RPG). The videos show the Gamescom 2011 demo as well as one of the most fun features of the combat system, where players can lift enemies and throw them at other enemies.
The studio also released info about the in-game Player-vs-Player (PvP) and arena system where players can customize their home arena and build statues that chronicle their victories on their home turf. Early art concepts have emerged showing the ability to capture monsters in the game and pit them against friends and foes as well. Arena concepts can be seen at: http://game-newswire.com/index.php/the-news/458
Aethereus is built for the players that want action, adventure, and of course, glory,” said Don Geyer, CEO of ThreeGates. “Customizable PvP arenas decorated with the statues of fallen enemies is definitely going to give bragging rights as players setup perpetual reminders of how they vanquished other adventurers in the game.”
Join forces in online multiplayer cooperative expeditions as the Inventor, Astrographer, Officer or Animist and venture into the uncharted wilderness of Aethereus seeking fame, glory and untold riches. Invite your friends to your own customized Nexus city-state where they can buy, trade or build unique items only available in your specific area.
• Decorate your city-state with statues in the likeness of you or your friend’s characters or the wild beasts of your arena.
• Challenge your friends to PvP or Co-op combat in your uniquely designed town Combat Arena.
• Partake in bold expeditions to capture extraordinary beasts that you can use to populate your Arena.
• Design and create a variety of arena combat scenarios using your library of beasts, traps and contraptions that will dazzle your friends, amaze the crowd and make your arena one of the sought after combat meeting grounds.
• Embark on a variety of procedurally generated expeditions with your friends discovering new lands and situations to overcome.
• Design and build new gear, weapons and inventions to solve the many challenges that await you in the world of Aethereus.
• Crafting and Materials system allows limitless customization
• Expedition system creates infinite replayability
• Physics-based combat system including traps, set-up weapons and interaction with environmental objects
• Four unique playable classes - warrior, animist, astrographer, inventor - play online multiplayer cooperative expeditions and venture into uncharted wilderness seeking fame, glory and untold riches
ThreeGates was formed in late 2010 by a group of people who all have years of experience in the game industry. The team has worked in the games field; as game designers, graphic artists, programmers, event producers, marketers and educators, in other constellations and on other projects, but always with the same drive and passion. Now they’ve teamed up with a common goal: to make great games. ThreeGates’ strengths are a tight-knit team, the ability to move fast, willingness to work hard and a drive for excellence. For more information, please visit: www.threegates.se