REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. – May 31, 2012 – This fall, players of Trion World’s award-winning massively multiplayer online role playing game, Rift™, will face the dragon lord Crucia and her army of enchanted followers in Rift: Storm Legion™, the game’s first expansion pack. Storm Legion will feature an increased level cap, two new continents, additional souls, and a new storyline that is sure to mesmerize and challenge even the most seasoned Rift players.
“The world of Telara is massive and sprawling, and players have only experienced a slice of what it has to offer,” said Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer and Trion’s Chief Creative Officer. “Storm Legion is the next chapter in the Rift adventure, and takes players deeper than ever before. The expansion offers players an incredible amount of content – new zones, huge overland boss fights featuring hundreds of players, and ‘Dimensions’ a feature akin to housing that lets players socialize with friends in their own customizable space.”
In Rift: Storm Legion, Crucia – the Queen of Storms – prepares to wreak havoc on the Ascended of Telara. Now that they have wiped out most of her Blood Storm competition, the time for Crucia to reveal her full power is at hand. Players will explore huge, previously inaccessible continents where they’ll fight to take down Crucia before she brings her legion from the Plane of Air through the mysterious Infinity Gate.
Rift: Storm Legion features:
A VAST NEW WORLD
• Adventure across two huge new continents that more than triple the size of the existing world
• Experience epic stories that reveal the true power in Telara … and the gateway to the planes
• Make your move to the island city of Tempest Bay, a new stronghold for both Guardians and Defiant
10 MORE LEVELS, 4 MORE SOULS
• A new Soul for each Calling expands the Ascended Class System – build the hero you want!
• Rise to new heights of power through 10 challenging levels, increasing the level cap to 60
• Play your way! Choose how you level with questing and Instant Adventure everywhere, onslaughts, rifts, events, and more
BRAVE THE STORM
• Achieve greatness with 7 new dungeons, 3 raids, a Chronicle, and more!
• Join the Hunt: New rift gameplay propels you into battling increasingly-challenging planar bosses
• Fight legions of fantastic creatures, including a Colossus that interacts with – and ravages – the world like you’ve never seen
MAKE TELARA YOUR OWN
• Dimensions: Customizable spaces allow players and guilds to own a sliver of Telara
• Take your professions to new heights with Grandmaster crafting
• Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes
• New puzzles, artifacts and collectibles, achievements, mounts, pets, titles, and much more
Learn more about Rift: Storm Legion at www.stormlegion.com. ;
Adventure in the world of Telara as either a noble Guardian or technomagical Defiant and enter a dynamic fantasy where 8 primal forces battle for control in an ever-changing landscape. Build your own class using the Ascended Soul system, embark on epic conflicts that bring you into the story, battle others in exhilarating Player vs. Player combat, achieve new heights of power by tackling epic raids, and so much more. See www.RIFTgame.com for more information.
About Trion Worlds
Trion Worlds is the leading publisher and developer of premium games for the connected era. Powered by a breakthrough development and publishing platform, Trion is revolutionizing the way games are developed, played and sold. Trion’s world-class team delivers high-quality, dynamic, and massively social games operated as live services across the biggest game genres and devices, including the critically acclaimed blockbuster, Rift™ and the highly-anticipated End of Nations™ and Defiance™. Trion is headquartered in Redwood City, Calif., with offices in San Diego, Calif., Austin, Texas, and at Trion Worlds Europe in London, UK.