Platinum Arts Sandbox is a game design tool that allows users to quickly and easily create their own worlds, even cooperatively. It is free, open source, and easy to use. It is quickly picking up steam and is currently being used at a Middle School in Illinois and was used at the Summer Kids Camp at Mildred Elley College.
Here are the key improvements featured in this version:
- Driveable Carts via kartmode complete with a hovercart model
- New ogre model for 3rd person mode (press 9 to use it!)
- Codebase significantly updated including md5 support!
- New menu (still very much WIP, but features lots of cool stuff!!)
- Many New Maps: Floating Island Castle, House, ParticleShowcase (shows off all the cool particle effects!!), an updated tutorial map and a race track for kartmode!
- Lots of code cleanup thanks to the hard work of Hirato!!
- New higher quality texture set including lava!
- Moving platforms and elevators (featured in the castle map)