Velocity was released for PSP in 2012 and earned 9/10 review scores almost entirely across the board resulting in a Metacritic average of 87 and multiple game of the year awards from Pocket Gamer, Push Square, Metacritic and PSNStores.com as well as a PSN Gamer's Choice Award.
Not satisfied with the 9s, we scoured forums and review comments to get input from gamers and critics about how to improve the game, and now we're back with a native PlayStation Vita version that addresses all of the requests, including:
- PSN Trophies including a Platinum!
- PSN Leaderboards, Global and Friends
- More stylish, contemporary art style
- HD graphics
- Touch screen to teleport
- Right stick to fling bombs
- Lots more subtle refinements to the user interface.
Velocity Ultra is how Velocity should have been made the first time around, and it's due for release on May 15th in EU and US for download on PlayStation Store.