IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey includes large-scale aerial combat and ground based military operations from World War II. Players will participate in some of the war's most famous battles piloting fighters, battle planes and heavy bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are five areas of war to engage in - The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun' representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe. As well as advanced environmental visuals enriching the game play, IL-2 also boasts an all new damage effects engine. Players can see real time damage to the aircraft such as holes in the wings and trail lines during dog fights. Hundreds of airplanes will take part in air battle in IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey and the unique environmental engine produces highly detailed, realistic landscapes that allow players to see breathtaking ground support actions. The difficulty levels will range from arcade to simulation.
- Authentic World War II atmosphere
- Engage in more than 50 thrilling missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe and fly historically accurate aircraft
- Completely flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation
- Thrilling multiplayer mode support customisation – from the colour scheme of your plane to your choice of weapons.
- Cutting edge, highly-detailed visuals, realistic sound and original music from Jeremy Soule (composer of Company of Heroes, Dungeon Siege, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Guild Wars, Neverwinter Nights, Prey, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Total Annihilation, Unreal II, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, and many more.)