F-Zero GX is the fastest racing game ever made--no question about it. As the original futuristic racing game it's also one of the most imaginative and fun to boot. For those who don't know, it's a racing game set in the far future--the original F-Zero on the SNES was the original inspiration for Wipeout, but now that Sony's future racing series seems to have run out of steam the stage is set for Nintendo's baby (now developed by Sega) to reclaim its crown. Instead of boring flat courses you get to zoom around enormous rollercoaster-like tracks, constantly defying gravity and moving at speeds that make any other racer seem static. There are also up to 30 other "cars" on the track at the same time, which makes for an even more unusual and exciting race--especially when you realise you can knock them off to their flaming death at any time. Another new aspect in the game is the degree to which you can customise your vehicle. You can edit or build from scratch your own car using parts you buy at the in-game shop, then add existing logos or ones you paint yourself to create your own personal speedmobile. Despite all these original features the one thing F-Zero games have never had is very good graphics, but that's all changed now--GX features some quite stunning backdrops that make the impression of speed and height even more realistic than ever. Add in the four-player mode and this could even rob Mario Kart of its crown for the best next-gen racer around. --David Jenkins
- This incredibly fast and visually stunning new game, you'll race for glory on 20 courses all across the galaxy
- Choose from over 30 pilots and racers, then hit the circuits and hunt for turbo boosts as you race for first
- Earn upgrades to custmize your racing machine and pilot -- store them on your memory card for racing in the arcade version
- Fight for the top spot as you battle aggressive racers through obstacle-studded straightaways, along the inside and outside of pipes, and over massive jumps
- Prove you're one of the very best in this intense racing game for the next century!