Shadow the Hedgehog is not necessarily the game youíd expect Sega to make after the stunning success of games such as Sonic Heroes and Sonic Mega Collection. Although it looks and plays fairly similarly to the former, albeit with only the one character at a time, it features anti-hero Shadow who instead of offing bad guys with a simple jump on their head is packing what looks suspiciously like a high calibre Desert Eagle pistol. The image of a Sonic the Hedgehog lookalike using such a realistic piece of hardware is an oddly disturbing one and rather sours initial moments with the game. Luckily though the rest of the game reveals itself to be a more traditionally wholesome title as Shadow runs, jumps and err... shoots his way through levels. In a nod to games such as Prince of Persia, Shadow can also manipulate time to his advantage and unleash the explosive "Chaos Blast" move. He can also make use of a variety of different vehicles including motorcycles, jeeps and alien spacecraft and pick up and use handy objects like streetlamps as weapons. The choice of whether to turn to evil during the course of the game seems a bit out of a place for a Sonic game, although its not clear exactly how evil the game actually allows you to get. Itís not exactly GTA: Emerald City but itís still rather odd to see such an iconic series take such an unwarranted trip to the Dark Side. -- Harrison DentThis preview is based on an incomplete version of the game; features or problems mentioned above may not appear in the finished game.
- Use Shadows special skills to survive dangerous challenges -- like Chaos Control to manipulate time and space, or Chaos Blast, for unbelievable destruction
- Heavy-duty weapons are on hand, such as bazookas, blasters and worm shooters
- Drive motorcycles, alien crafts, and SUV's as you go after the truth
- Pick up and use environmental objects like poles, sticks and debris to plow his way through a mission
- The decisions and choices that the player makes will determine the progression of the story; The path a player chooses will produce either positive or negative consequences. Choose wisely!