Up to now The Simpsons games have been nothing if not consistent: they've all been completely rubbish. However, The Simpsons: Hit & Run thankfully breaks this 100 per cent record, and although it's hardly a classic in its own right it's just the thing for fans who want to worship their favourite characters through the medium of the joypad. Like many of the more recent Simpsons games Hit & Run is primarily a racing game--a racing game that's very obviously using Grand Theft Auto as its primary inspiration. There's less swearing and gore but just as much running people over and driving lots of different vehicles. You can't steal them off the street, admittedly, and the missions are presented in a much more linear fashion, but otherwise this is GTA: Springfield through and through. Somewhat embarrassingly for GTA the on-the-foot sections are actually handled rather better than Rockstar's game, with a fairly non-rubbish camera and a decent control system that actually makes the occasional platform sections rather fun. Most of the game is about driving, though, whether it be racing Principle Skinner to school in order to give Lisa her homework or helping Bart buy some illegal fireworks from around town. It's only when controlling underage characters like Bart that the game's concept really starts to seem peculiar (he only drives unmotorised vehicles) but otherwise the addition of all the proper voice actors from the TV show make this the first Simpsons game ever that is in any way worthy of a purchase. --David Jenkins
- Disappearances, hidden cameras, crop circles -- Springfield has taken a turn for the weird lately. Homer decides to follow a mysterious black van and unravel the mystery!
- Fun mission-based driving levels take you on an interactive tour of Springfield
- Pick up hidden power-ups that will give you a chance to relive 14 seasons' worth of funny Simpson-style action
- Events will set off hidden animated gags just like you'd see in actual Simpsons episodes
- Fun and funny multiplayer driving modes for up to 4 players