Strategic Command World War I: The Great War 1914-1918 v1.06 Patch
This all inclusive patch includes numerous improvements to the AI, game engine and campaigns, driven as always by the extremely valuable playing community's feedback. It is all-inclusive and includes all previous patches (v1.01 through v1.05). For a full feature list, see below.
PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE
Save games created with earlier versions of the game are NOT compatible with this patch. Please finish your in-progress games before applying this patch.
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- fixed a war map display error that would show the war map incorrectly when using the map zoom features in full screen mode (Winti, Lettowvorbeck
- fixed a resource flag display error that would show the war map incorrectly when using the map zoom features in full screen mode (Winti)
- fixed an ARMISTICE script error that would cause friendly units to incorrectly leave friendly ports (xwormwood)
- fixed an escort range highlight display error for minor country air units (Lucas)
- fixed a FREE UNIT error that would leave free units in the port of a surrendered country (MJY)
- mouse hovering over a unit on the map will now display the unit info at the bottom left hand corner of the game information area (Winti)
- AI will now swap units under the right combat and reorganizational conditions
- captured resources for a surrendered country no longer increase the National Morale of the occupier (Sapare)
1939 Storm over Europe
- Soviet mobilization now set to increase by 40-50%, up from 15-20%, when the Germans do not honor the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact
- French morale increased by 5000 points
- French morale will now fall by 5000 points once Paris is captured
- Bordeaux added as a secondary capital for France
- If there are no British units within 10 tiles of Paris when it falls, France will suffer a 5,000 National Morale penalty, on top of the 5,000 penalty for Paris falling.
- When playing against the Axis AI, there will be a penalty of 1,500 National Morale points to France when Paris falls, per difficulty level. This is in addition to both penalties mentioned above.
Main WWI campaigns
- Reduced Seaplane Carrier Naval Defense from 2 to 1, and Carrier defense from 4 to 2.
- Athens Detachment deployed at Athens at half strength (Sapare), apart from in Fate of Nations.
- Amended Serbian, Dutch and Belgian Free Unit scripts so that if their country is liberated, and then surrenders again, units in exile should continue the fight.
- Reduced the cost to the UK of deploying General Hamilton in the Mediterranean from 200 to 100 MPPs.
- The chance of German naval units operating in the Atlantic annoying the USA has been increased from 2 to 4% per Entente turn, and if there is more than one naval unit present, from 2 to 6% in Central Powers turns. The increase will be 1-2% and 2-4% respectively (Ludi1867).
- From the 1st January 1916, after Russia surrenders or pulls out of the war, the USA has a 50% chance per turn of moving 1-2% towards the Entente per turn (Kommandant).
- Added in some National Morale scripts for when the Ruhr falls to the Entente (Honch).
- Romania now swings to the Entente when the Austro-Hungarians lose their fortresses, and Entente forces invade the Empire.
- Romania now swings 30-40% to the Entente when the Austro-Hungarians give away Trento-Trieste to Italy.
- Unrestricted Naval Warfare now has a 100% chance of upsetting the USA every turn it is used, and the swing to the Entente will be 1-5% (Ludi1867).
- Call to Arms and Triple Alliance Decision/Strategy Guides updated.
- British blockade pop up advice changed to mention the negative effect this will have on the USA (Xwormwood).
- Attack Morale Boost reduced from 0.1 to 0.05; Attack Victory from 0.3 to 0.2.
- Prepared Attack Bonus reduced from 45% to 30%.
- Terrain near Lemberg amended.
- Road added in to the east of Tirana.
- Adana and the road and rail network moved.
- Kars changed into a city.